Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wondering about McVay’s hiring of asst coaches process...

February 24, 2021 07:13AM
Did he already have the various replacements lined up in some ‘contingency file’? I’m betting that he did, even if he had to go 8-deep.

Did he ever get a ‘no’ or even a ‘think-about-it’ when he approached each one? Doubt it. Who would say no to such an opportunity?

But if he did get a no from an outsider candidate, I wonder which one he settled for as second best? Hmmmmm...

I wonder how extensive is his network of acquaintances that feed him names of qualified upcoming coaches? Might surprise us to learn how extensive it actually is.

Finally, I wonder if he was surprised at how many of his former coaches were ultimately poached? Seven may not be a record, but it IS a helluva lot.

I’m betting that McVay is already constructing a new list of potential future candidates because it seems obvious that much of the NFL now considers the Rams their asst Coach farm team and there will be more promotions next offseason. This will probably be a never ending process as long as McVay is held in such high regard.

As an aside, Staley was the big hit, although Morris is impressing me the more I learn about him. I was sorry to lose Pleasant but I’m happy for him. But some of the rest? They mostly don’t seem like huge losses and a couple might be some addition by subtraction type Ram improvements.

Thoughts?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wondering about McVay’s hiring of asst coaches process...

Rams43395February 24, 2021 07:13AM

Re: Wondering about McVay’s hiring of asst coaches process...

den-the-coach252February 24, 2021 07:36AM

zn161February 24, 2021 07:54AM

BerendsenRam120February 24, 2021 09:28AM

Rams43122February 24, 2021 07:58AM

den-the-coach145February 24, 2021 08:07AM

BearlyThere147February 24, 2021 03:46PM