Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What are the Rams waiting for in announcing their coaching Hires?

February 20, 2021 10:54AM
Does seem like it's taking a while, doesn't it?

f I had to guess, I'd say that they are having trouble filling the positions. Not that coaches don't want to come here, but with so many defections you can't just plug in one or two guys, you have to rebuild your culture as well.

Last time McVay had to make a staff he just took all his old buddies from Gruden's staffs. But now all those guys are employed elsewhere and he's run out of friends. This is partially true of Morris as well. They basically both worked with the same people.

I know it was said that positions had been filled, but looking at our current staff there isn't a lot of depth to promote. Evero, Phillips & Yarber. Maybe they're just working out contract and responsibility details. Hard to say whether or not Kromer caught them by surprise. The only important positions we lack that we can't probably cover with someone else is OL coach.

At this point in the off season it's going to be hard to poach from other teams. That leaves college coaches and guys who are unemployed for a reason. The cupboard might be bare.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What are the Rams waiting for in announcing their coaching Hires?

The_Zone479February 20, 2021 10:01AM

3030202February 20, 2021 10:54AM

BearlyThere224February 20, 2021 11:27AM

They do them all at once

den-the-coach259February 20, 2021 12:15PM

Re: They do them all at once

BerendsenRam183February 20, 2021 01:26PM