Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The challenge of relying on the offschedule

January 22, 2021 12:26PM
Good stuff bum...... I agree with a lot of that. It seemed like McVay has gotten away from what made this offense and Goff so good in 2017-2018

A lot of that has to do with injuries to our best player in Gurley and defections of one of our best OL in Saffold and deep threat Cooks.

It seemed like he changed the offense to get around that but in doing so tried to fit a square peg into a round hole with Goff and we are seeing the results

Goff is a classic pocket passer with very good to great arm talent, but don't ask him to imitate Mahomes or Wilsons scramble ability. Keep him clean and establish a run game and he will thrive....mostly just keep him clean is the important part(See Bucs game when we had no run game)

I think we finally may have the Gurley replacement in Akers, although he isn't quit to that level yet. But he is well on his way to filling that role....get a stud OG/C and a deep threat and we could be back on the right track shortly.

McVay has a decision to make. Either get back to what made this offense great by getting back to that play action offense with a WR that can threaten a defense or scrap Goff and try and find a QB who can run and throw....I think the easiest thing to do is just try to shore up the interior OL and get a burner that can take the top off a defense and get back to what made us great

I think a team like the Colts would do well with Goff with that OL and run game they have and won't be surprised that if a Goff trade offer comes up it will be from them. Then you can try to get by with Wolford for a year and wait until 2022 and draft a top QB prospect and hope he's good enough as Goff was in getting you back to a Super Bowl.

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2021 12:28PM by Rampage2K-.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

If the new running QB evolution is real, then how to handle QBs changes

RockRam291January 22, 2021 02:56AM

Re: If the new running QB evolution is real, then how to handle QBs changes

Rams43112January 22, 2021 06:59AM

A QB that can Run vs. a QB that Runs??...

LoboRam157January 22, 2021 07:19AM

The challenge of relying on the offschedule

BumRap131January 22, 2021 08:27AM

Rampage2K-164January 22, 2021 12:26PM

Rams4394January 22, 2021 03:15PM

Rampage2K-250January 22, 2021 05:08PM

There is only one running QB I know of

Speed_Kills148January 22, 2021 03:22PM

If the new running QB evolution is real: Get over it Rock