Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Despite struggles, benching Jared Goff 'was never part of the consideration,' Sean McVay says

November 30, 2020 05:22PM
Despite struggles, benching Jared Goff 'was never part of the consideration,' Sean McVay says

Lindsey Thiry
ESPN

Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay acknowledged Monday that his willingness to call out Jared Goff after a 23-20 loss to the San Francisco 49ers was a departure from his routine postgame comments, but McVay expressed confidence that his fifth-year quarterback can take it.

"I wouldn't say things if I didn't know there was broad shoulders to be able to handle it," McVay said, adding, "maybe while it was a little bit different approach, I think it was something that was honest that I know he's capable of correcting.

"If anything, I think it's a reflection of the confidence I have because I can be demanding of him in some of those settings whether it be publicly or privately with our team."

[www.espn.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill317November 30, 2020 05:22PM

Did anyone 'really' think that would happen? Benching that is?

JamesJM141November 30, 2020 05:27PM

Never thought it, but...

max143December 01, 2020 04:28AM

This year?

JamesJM106December 01, 2020 04:38AM

Not really. BUT.....

Ramgator192December 01, 2020 04:34AM

Re: Despite struggles, benching Jared Goff 'was never part of the consideration,' Sean McVay says

Classicalwit134November 30, 2020 06:27PM