Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: McVay publicly admonishing Goff, finally

November 30, 2020 04:22AM
max
That’s a sobering thought.

Mayfield has been getting tons of criticism. On the field he’s no worse than Goff, and I think he wins that game yesterday for us.
That's a tough one. I really don't know what BM would look like in McVay's offense. BM's accuracy in drills was very surprising to me though. Kind of like Bernie Kosar. Granted, accuracy drills don't mean a whole lot overall but some QB's can't even place a ball right where they want and a guy who can, is that much further ahead.

But with Baker, he plays with confidence and swagger. It can get him into trouble but the way Goff is right this moment, he is lacking in both of those things and it's getting worse. I can only project with this idea but Goff just seems like he's slowly drowning. His confidence eroding away each week and during games. He's not seeing things and is cautious because he's focused on not making mistakes. Which, inevitability leads to and likely causes more mistakes. When he does try to make a play, he's so focused on Kupp that he gets tunnel vision and makes poor decisions.

I've often wondered if so much early success would ultimately work against Goff? Kind of like college QB's coming out of big programs often face. For a decent while, Goff was throwing to wide open receivers and not going through the same types of reads and decisions that "normal" QB's face. Now, it looks like he isn't confident in what he's seeing or able to do. It seems like every week he's missing deep TD throws that aren't particularly low percentage. He looks jittery in the pocket. He's patting the ball and double clutching when his first progression isn't there. And Heaven forbid a defense takes Kupp away.

Why our RB's and TE's aren't used more is mind boggling to me and I don't know if it's mostly Goff not seeing his outlets or actually using them or if he just doesn't have them available? I've seen examples on all-22 reviews that suggest that he just doesn't utilize them but that may just be too small of a sampling.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Los Angeles Rams Postgame Transcripts - November 29, 2020 Head Coach Sean McVay, QB Jared Goff, 49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan and 49ers QB Nick Mullens

Shaky361November 30, 2020 12:28AM

McVay publicly admonishing Goff, finally

max216November 30, 2020 02:06AM

moklerman222November 30, 2020 03:03AM

MamaRAMa238November 30, 2020 03:56AM

max138November 30, 2020 04:06AM

moklerman142November 30, 2020 04:22AM

It's about time