Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This week’s random 20 thoughts byAvengerRam...

November 25, 2020 11:34AM
Here’s AvengerRam...

1. NOT THIS TIME, TOMMY!!!!

2. JARED GOFF OUTPLAYED TOM BRADY. Say it out loud. Say it to a friend. Say it to random strangers on the street. It just feels good.

3. Goff's performance was far from perfect, but it was kind of great. In some ways, that's more impressive than those flawless nights. Shake off the bad play, drive the team down for the winning kick. Good stuff.

4. At first, I was grumbling about running the ball on 3rd and 8 on the final drive. While I don't necessarily believe that would always be the right call, I get it. Our confidence in the kicking game is shaky, and a sack could have made for a significantly lower percentage kick. Also, by running, we forced the Bucs to use a time out (something an incomplete pass would not have done). So, yes... I get it (and it worked).

5. Let's give it up for the rookie class! TDs from Akers and Jefferson, a nice PD on 3rd down by Lewis and, of course, two big INTs by Fuller.

6. Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods were awesome last night.

7. To the untrained eye, Aaron Donald has been neutralized for the last two weeks. The truth, though, is that the attention he is getting is opening things up for other players, which is why the Rams' defense held two top offenses to well below their scoring average.

8. Plus, its hard to get on the stat sheet when the refs allow this:
hold.jpg

9. It really is a shame that, on a night in which the NFL made a social statement in selecting its officiating crew, that the officiating was so poor.

10. The Rams were penalized 5 times for 67 yards. The Bucs? 2 for 7. All I can say is... please. :roll2:

11. The two PIs on Ramsey were particularly frustrating. Its bad enough to miss a call, but both of those were examples of rewarding a player (Evans) for breaking the rules (WRs are NOT allowed to hook and push off DBs, in case you were wondering!)

12. Hope Micah Kiser is okay. He may not be a great player, but he's solid and fills a role.

13. Darious Williams is balling. Didn't know his whole college backstory until last night. Wow.

14. More and more, I'm feeling like we need to find a way to keep John Johnson. I'd feel good about having him and Fuller at the back end for the next few years.

15. Its really remarkable how well this defense has played in the second halves of games. Forcing a 3 and FG after the first INT was HUGE.

16. Matt Gay missed a 44 yard FG, yes... but I felt more confident with his kicks than I did with his predecessors. He also seems to have no trouble with deep kickoffs.

17. Its amazing to see the defense ranked first in yards/game allowed. What is even more impressive is how balanced the run and pass defenses are.

18. You have to give Sean McVay credit for recognizing that it was time to move on from Wade Phillips.

19. While the strength of schedule going forward is tough, the fact that the Rams have 4 of their remaining 6 at home, and all 6 West of the Rocky Mountains, gives us an advantage.

20. Its all in front of us now!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

This week’s random 20 thoughts byAvengerRam...

Rams43206November 25, 2020 11:34AM