Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Couple Of Final Thoughts On MNF

November 25, 2020 03:53AM
ramBRO
1. Was I the only one who had the following thoughts in quick rapid succession:

Oh @#$%&...unaccounted rusher coming free on Goff's blindside...he doesn't see him...big sack/strip coming.
OK...well, at least Goff sees him coming...only a sack.
Oh @#$%&...did Goff just reverse out of pressure?
Oh @#$%&...he just squared up and tnrew a dart cor a completion!

I've seen Goff be deft in the pocket with slide steps, but I have NEVER, EVER seen him escape the rush like that before.

100% correct... I have never seen him do that. Ever and when he did it I immediately posted in the game time forum... basically what you said above lol

2. A few days ago Rams43 asked what Rams team was going to show up on Monday. I answered that it depended on which Goff showed up - the one that plays "OK"...or the one that has played poorly. Well, we got the Goff that played better than OK. As a matter of fact, he played very well. Not sure what he was thinking on his 2nd INT, but it looked like a miscommunication between him and Henderson on the first.

Overall Goff was very good. His play against the blitz was outstanding, and his play under pressure was the best since Buffalo this year and SF in week 16 last year. His first TD to Woods he was under pressure...avoided it did not panic and lofted an easy TD to Woods. On the Rams final drive where he lead them to the go ahead FG. On 3rd and 1... he rolled to his right on full sprint and thew a great pass to Kupp on the sideline.

Would I like to see Goff adjust his style of play based on the pass rush he gets? Yes In other words when Tampas 4 man rush is so ineffective he doesn't still need to get rid of the ball so quickly but can hold it a tick longer and take more shots downfield. He only had one attempt of 20+ yards on Sunday

Also the TOs can't happen. Both lead to points and both times allowed Tampa to tie the game. The last interception he just stared down Woods and just should not have thrown that pass into that coverage. The play prior to that he got called for delay of game, and the play before that he fumbled the snap. That's what I mean about being inconsistent. Nice to see him get it together on the last drive to get us the lead

3. The one thing that's still perplexing to me about this offense: How come we always seem to be up against the play clock? Far too often we end up burning timeouts unnecessarily or going from 3rd & short to 3rd & long due to delay of game penalties. Is McVay changing up the plays in mid-call?

Not sure but I wish they would get it under control because its a problem. Rams under Martz had the same issue

4. I think last night was the defense's best tackling performance of the season.

I love this defense... this game should not have been this close. I am now as confident in this defense as I am in the online. They both are top notch

5. Thus far, Jalen Ramsey has shut down DKM and Mike Evans. Can't wait to see him go up against D-Hop!

Ramsey changes everything for this defense. I wasn't sure about this trade but I sure am glad he is alleviating my concerns

6. Still expect a tough match-up with the 9'ers. Kyle Shanahan just seems to have our number most times.

No question and they are coming off a bye

ramBRO - Any thoughts on the run game? Earlier in the year the Rams were running more run (types) plays. Where are the traps, draws, sweeps, pitch outs, They need to run more than just the outside zone. They won the other night without a run game but that is not formula for success in this offense from week to week
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Couple Of Final Thoughts On MNF

ramBRO713November 24, 2020 07:25PM

zn252November 24, 2020 08:08PM

ramBRO161November 24, 2020 08:50PM

zn157November 24, 2020 10:04PM

Alert: Goff to Kupp Viking TD........

leafnose125November 25, 2020 03:12AM