Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An interesting post on McVay’s passing attack by leoram...

November 19, 2020 11:01AM
His take on the effect of Cooks’ departure might be slightly controversial. Personally, I agree with him.

Here’s leoram...

McVay's offense is extremely nuanced and requires precision decision making in route adjustments. This is the reason Everett, with all his athletic prowess is only trusted with limited snaps. Reynolds has been given enough time to learn from his many mistakes that he has grown into his role which reached its apex last week.

The obvious take for me is that McVay ensures the plays run for the youngsters are ones they have the firmest grasp of the concepts and adjustments. Put simply, each may have a dozen plays to study each week so they can effectively contribute.

As to stretching the field, I don't believe this is a matter of WR talent or speed gap without Cooks. This is a product of McVay limiting exposure to negative plays like we saw against Miami. Part of the reason the OLine is better this year is because McVay is picking his spots better in terms of long developing plays. Woods, Kupp, Reynolds, and Jefferson all run faster than 20mph in pads on the field. They are all adept at double moves. But those are always gambles. There is tremendous wisdom in doing so on only favorable downs and distances.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

An interesting post on McVay’s passing attack by leoram...

Rams43281November 19, 2020 11:01AM