Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Los Angeles Rams Transcripts - Seahawks Postgame - November 15, 2020 Head Coach Sean McVay, QB Jared Goff, Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll and Seahawks QB Russell Wilson

November 16, 2020 12:26AM
Los Angeles Rams Transcripts -
Seahawks Postgame - November 15, 2020
Head Coach Sean McVay, QB Jared Goff, Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll and Seahawks QB Russell Wilson

Head Coach Sean McVay
(Opening Remarks)
"Great team win. Unbelievable job by our defense. (Ccool smiley Darious Williams with two unbelievably big picks for us. Second half, the one after the turnover offensively to be able to get that play. This guy shows up in a big way. I thought (Ccool smiley Jalen Ramsey was outstanding throughout the course of the day. Didn't see a lot of action from some of the guys that he was over the top of and just our defense as a whole. You just can't say enough about what they've consistently done, doing it against an offense that's arguably producing at the highest level in the league right now. Very pleased with them. I thought offensively, I liked the way that we started out the game and then I want to see us be able to make those plays at the end to really close out games and that's going to be a big point of focus for us. It really was already, but we've got the right guys. I thought they came out ready to go. I thought our line protected really well. I thought they created space all day. It was good to be able to get all three runners involved, kind of spread the ball around. (Qcool smiley Jared (Goff) did a nice job with that. And then Special Teams, we've got to continue to figure out this kicking situation and that's something that we're going to definitely address after this."

(On any updates on OL Andrew Whitworth and what was going through his mind during that time)
"No updates on those guys. (S Taylor) Rapp, (OL Andrew) Whitworth did not return and then (K Kai) Forbath got his foot so don't have any updates on that.”

(On what was going through his mind when he saw Whitworth go down and what the message was at halftime knowing Whitworth was out)
"Yeah, anytime that you see a player go down it's awful. Andrew has been so important to us. I don't know what the extent of the injury is, but this guy is a foundational piece of what we've done. He represents all the things that are right about the Rams. I love this guy. I just have a tremendous amount of respect for the human being, the player, I sure hope he's okay. Anytime that I see one of our guys go down, it gives me that pit in my stomach and I just hope that they're going to be okay. The amount of work that goes in to be able to produce and play at this level, it’s something that…that's the worst part of this game for me is seeing guys get injured and that goes for other teams as well. I hate that and I'm hopeful that all those guys that I just mentioned will be okay. Andrew's a big part of what we do, love him, but I thought (OL) Joe Noteboom did an excellent job stepping up in his absence and offensively did a good job with him in there."

(On what he thinks about his defense going forward after doing what the team did against the Seahawks)
“I think it's a great opportunity to be able to continue to build and grow from. This is a great offense, someone that we have a tremendous amount of respect for, but our defense has been stout all year. You know, you can only play the teams that are on your schedule and these guys have done a great job answering the bell week in and week out the turnovers. And really, the second half play. I mean, I can't say enough about our coaches adjustments and really they were outstanding from the jump, but really just to be able to make some of those adjustments, you see some of the looks that we get protection wise, where guys are unblocked unabated, right to (Qcool smiley Russell Wilson. And we're still being able to play with some good numbers on the back end. I'm just so impressed and so pleased with them. But now we've got to keep it going. We've got a great opponent again in the Buccaneers on Monday night coming up.”

(On if he feels like defense is becoming the identity of the team with the way that it played the first nine weeks and how that changes how he coaches)
“Yeah, it's definitely been the strength of our team, but we are a team. I've been so pleased with them and that's something that has been consistent and really remained true through the first nine games that we've had. So, very pleased, but what I do want to see is a complete team. I think that we were really on the verge of showing that where the way that our offense came out, the way that we played and I think we're a couple plays away. It feels like that could be a 35, 40 point game, but it wasn't, and we're never going to make excuses. We've just got to be a little bit better and that's collectively, but it's about winning the football game. That's definitely the main focus and concentration. In a lot of instances if you're playing with a lead against a player of Russell Wilson's caliber and an offense that's so explosive, you're really just fighting against the clock when you've got a 10 point lead with a handful of minutes left in that game. So, it does change the approach a little bit, because it is about winning the game, but I've just been so pleased with them and I'm really happy for this team. I love the mental toughness, I love the resilience of this team, and I'm looking forward to seeing if we can go get another one against the Buccaneers next week.”

(On his thoughts on RB Cam Akers and how he played today)
“He did a nice job. I thought there was really good space all day and I thought he leveled some runs off fairly well. I think he ended up getting about 10 carries. He did good and we are going to continue to look at this film and we can all be a little bit better as well.”

QB Jared Goff
(On the offensive flow throughout the game)
“Yeah I thought we had a great plan. We came in with a really good idea of what they were going to want to do. They send 33 (S Jamal Adams) a whole lot and we were ready for it. Had a couple of screens right into it, which we love and a couple of good run plays away from it, which we love. We were able to run some play action, get down the field a little bit. I think for the most part of the game, we were able to move the ball pretty well. I think in that fourth quarter, if we were able to finish those drives with a touchdown it would be a much different outcome and we'd be, you know, really, really happy about it. We are happy about the win but being able to score 35 there instead of 23 would have been tremendous.”

(On the defensive performance against the prolific Seahawk offense)
“Yeah they're really catching their stride right now. It's really good to see. It's exciting with everything that Seattle's done this year. It's really impressive. I know they're happy about it and I'm excited to see them continue to go.”

(On the reaction to T Andrew Whitworth being carted off the field)
“Yeah, obviously tough. You hope for the best. Obviously, think we’re going to find out, you know, hopefully in the next day or so, but yeah it's tough. With everything that he's put on the line for all of us, you never want to see that happen again. Hope for the best, but he's a hell of a guy.”

(On Whitworth’s words while being carted off the field)
“Just saying, ‘Let's go. Finish the game. Go get a win.’”

(On WR Josh Reynolds’ career performance)
“That’s a good question. I think we just had a lot of stuff that was for him today, a lot of stuff that just came open for him. He's always been a guy that we have a lot of faith in and it's just a matter of time before it pops for one of these guys. And I noticed it was kind of every week, but usually one of those guys, it's just their weekend and it was his this week. We liked the matchup with their corners and we were able to do a good job.”

(On if he expected the defense to be this good this season)
“Yeah, you never know. I mean, it always changes as the season goes. Injuries happen, the flows of the season happen. But yeah, I think I had a pretty good feel for what they were capable of, absolutely and you're seeing it now pretty much weekly. They've done a great job. You can't understate everything they've done and it's exciting to see. It's exciting as a quarterback to be able to be so reliant on them. You don’t want to be. You want to win that game by four touchdowns. We don't have to score on every drive. We were able to rely on the defense a little bit and it is helpful.

(On if the offense is supposed to have a balanced approach to scoring points)
“Yeah you hope so. I think anytime you throw for 300 (yards) and run for 100 (yards), it's usually a pretty good outcome. I think there's a handful of plays I can think of right now, I missed Higbee by a little bit, we had Cooper (Kupp) down the field early in the game, put that ball out in front of him it was probably touchdown. Handful of things like that that go a different way and again, we're probably sitting here with a bigger outcome, but again, it's a Seattle game. It's a divisional game, one we needed, one off of a bye. It's a big one and we're extremely happy about the win.”

(On how far he thinks the team is from being the kind of team that can put up 35 or 40 points)
"It's just reps. It's just making sure everything keeps clicking. I think we're really close to answer your question. I think it's extremely close. Today was a good day to see that. Run game, pass game, play action game, screen game, everything was kind of working. We're just that close on a handful of those plays that would have really opened it up. And again, you're complaining about a seven-point win, I don't want to sound like that. I'm happy about the win, but we can keep pushing to be better and we will."

(On how he feels this year has gone for him in terms of how he has played)
“I feel great, I feel great. We're 6-3 and my job is to win games and move the offense down the field. I feel good.”

(On having a steady player like RB Malcolm Brown with him in the backfield and the big plays he made)
"Yeah, absolutely. He's been doing that for a long time, which is the easy answer there. Ever since he was working with (Falcons Rcool smiley Todd (Gurley), when (Rcool smiley Malcolm (Brown) would come in the game, I would never have any thought that there was any fall off. It was always very consistent, always good in pass protection, always smart with the ball. He's a really solid, solid back and we're lucky to have him."

Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll
(Opening Remarks)
“Disappointed in this game that we didn't improve over last week. Didn't work out for us. We had trouble in the first half slowing them down and kind of like the week before, so some things were similar. We have to not give stuff up, and we made enough mistakes here that we were giving plays to teams that are executing well and they're making things happen and we're getting behind in the sticks and they're rolling against the defense. It was hard in the first half. Second half guys rallied up and did a couple things at halftime. They were ahead and in control in that sense, but we did better. We played better. Tightened some things down. Didn't give up stuff. So we improved by the time the game ended, but it was after the fact kind of. I was really disappointed we had trouble -- we moved the ball well early on offense and then we struggled. It was a hard game, and when we get big turnover and have a chance to do something, make some real noise in this game, we he turned it right back at them. Made a real big mistake there. That really changed the opportunity for the momentum at the time, but we were still there. We were ten points with at least 12 minutes to go, which there is plenty of chance to get back. We just didn't find a way. So we've got work to do. We've got a lot of work to do here. I want us to execute. Here is what I told them: I told them that I believe that we're going to start making the plays in the games early on that we been making in practice. Stuff that we saw happen in practice didn't happen in this game. I believe that we're going to take care of the football. With all of the emphasis that we have on it, to turn the ball, what is it seven times in the last two weeks is just -- I don't recognize that kind of execution, giving the ball up. I believe these guys will hang together and keep working. They're great people. They care. They want to work hard. They enjoy working it and going for to. They're okay about the challenge when it's tough. They still want to keep battling. You can see them hanging in there and supporting one another. So I really believe we have plenty of time to get this thing going, and so that's the way I'm going. I conveyed that to them, and I hope they want to go along with it. We've got a lot of football ahead. We're bouncing back here on Thursday. We got to come back against the Cardinals that are doing great. It's going to be a difficult challenge for us, but it's a challenge that we need. It's right there in the division where we need it. Need to get this win, get going, and go to the next game. So that's what we'll do. We had a couple guys get banged up in the game. Niko, his groin didn't make it. All the time we spent trying to get him back, we thought we had it, he had a lot of time to get ready, but it acted up again. Jamal Adams hurt his shoulder a little bit in the first half. Came back and finished the game admirably and made some stuff happen. Did a nice job. Travis Homer hurt his hand in there and missed some time. Jordan Simmons' calf tightened up on him and couldn't go. Kyle Fuller just hung in there with a high ankle sprain and just finished the game, was a stud about it. He had to go and he did it, so that was really admirable.”

(On the decision to draw the Rams offsides on a fourth-and-1 opposed to running a play)
“That early in the game when there was so much going on and so many opportunities, I didn't want to give them the ball at the 40 yard line. That's a turnover. That's like you handed them an interception if you don't make it. If they penetrate and make a play in the backfield, knowing that Mikey will kick the ball inside the 10 yard line, do something go with that, we'll go ahead and play defense. That's believing that we're going to all right. There are times when you go for it when may be the logic doesn't add up the same, but on that one it was too early in the game. I was believing in our guys would pull it off and have plenty of time to get back and play well. I didn't want to give them a turnover right there and just felt like it wasn't worth it. One more thing. The logic of saying because we're such a high-scoring team we should go for it right there doesn't fit in my brain. I doesn't understand that. That's not really the case right there. It's really about playing the game more than the potential of our play and that kind of stuff. The players would love to go for it. I know that. And I would love to go for it, too. I have to work against my nature to go ahead and kick that ball right there, but I would probably do it same way again.”

(On the logic to not go for it on 4th-and-1 and trust the defense)
“I don't know. You can say that, but I'm just playing the game. The game there was that it wasn't worth giving them the football as well as they had done in the first half there. You know, I didn't mind giving them the ball inside the 10 yard line. We'll go play defense back there. Just thought there were too many opportunities to give them that advantage. What if they took the ball and went and scored right there? Then the game feels lopsided and you're way behind it. So that didn't factor in. I wish we could've gone for it and made it on third down. We missed it by an inch.”

(On if the Rams offense success influenced the decision-making on that play)
“Sure. But think about it. You know, you don't think they're going to score every time they get the football. They scored one time in the second half. That was it. So that's easy to think that, and I don't blame you for bringing it up. Just at that time I would probably do it again. I might not, though. It just depends on what's going on.

(On if RB Chris Carson was active, would they have gone for it on 4th-and-1)
“At this point we don't feel the same in our mix. We're working, the guys are busting their tails to get it done and all that, but I fell in love with Chris' play a long time ago and style of play. It adds something to us and to me as well. You know, again, we might not have been in fourth and inches if he was there. But he's not there, so we have to keep figuring it out and got to play with when we got and try to figure out the game and keep believing that there is -- there is no reason to feel desperate is what I didn't want to do. So that's why that happened.

(On whether QB Russell Wilson’s is forcing it with his decision to pick up the fumble as opposed to falling down on it)
”I don't know that. I don't know that. I didn't see that, the way that happened. You know, I mean, he's going to battle to try to finish the play. But I haven't seen that yet. I don't know. I don't think that went through his mind right there. He's playing football and he's an athlete and he's a great athlete that makes things happen, so.”

(On his view of Wilson’s first interception)
“Yeah, it was a bad play. It was a decision that rarely have we seen Russ do. He's on the other side of the field moving that way and turning the ball back across. He does miraculous things often; that wasn't one of them. I'm screaming for him to up run because he could have got 10, 15 yards I thought, and all of a sudden he chucked it. I though, Oh, maybe he's got a touchdown. When Russ makes a decision like to go for it, he's usually pretty darn good. For years and years and years. That one didn't work out. That was a mistake.”

(On any improvement of the defense in the second half)
“Absolutely. Yes, I did. And I was glad. Gave us a chance to win the football game. We had a shot. It's too bad. The reasons is we need to execute better early and not give up stuff. There are reasons why I think maybe we can address this week and do some stuff to help us out.”

(On the lack of generating production from WR DK Metcalf)
“Yeah, we had every intention to do that, to get him the football. There was stuff called; ball just didn't go there. We made the point at halftime, you know, that that was the case. We knew he's was a really good player and all, but we certainly didn't have a game plan that we were going to stay way from him. We had all kinds of things we could have done; we just didn't do it.”

(On if he’s concerned about the amount of turnovers in the past two games)
“I'm just concerned in general. We can't play football and win games like that. Can't win. And philosophically that's so far against the grain of what we believe and how we practice and prepare for the last ten years, twenty years. It couldn't rub against the grain anymore obviously. I'm worried about the fact that it's so loose in this game and the last game. One or two sometimes, but seven? That's too many. We got to get our act together. We got to get better. We won't beat anybody turning the ball over like that.”

(On the status of OL Mike Iupati)
“You know, I did not get a word on him so I don't know. Can't help you.”

(On RB Chris Carson and RB Carlos Hyde returning)
“I'm wishful thinking on these guys that they can pull it off at the end of the week. Carlos practiced on Friday; he wasn't able to go full speed, but he ran and went through the practice. Chris tried to get there on Friday and couldn't get it. So they're that close, but it's only a few days and you're after it. I won't know until we get to game time probably. Probably go all the way to Thursday on this one. We'll keep our fingers crossed. Love to have him back.”

(On the pass protection)
“Yeah, we had a couple chases. Russell will tell you more, I'm sure. There was a couple hops; we could have got the ball out, just to get the football out of his hands so he didn't have to get banged. It works together. They've got some pretty hot stuff coming up front, but when we have our chances we got to get rid of the football and didn't do it well. We need to do it more consistently throughout. We were fine early in the game and it kind of snowballed on us later in the game.”

(On the performance of RB Alex Collins and CB DJ Reed)
“Yeah, the fact that Homer barely made it to game time and all was part of it. We needed to have the guys ready to play third down, so we thought it would give us more than one format if we went with Alex as the starter and lead guy, and then use the other two guys, DJ and Travis, to make the third down stuff and the passing game stuff fit together. So that was just the way we put it in order. I was thinking during the week if we had Chris how would we do it, if we had Carlos how old with you do it, and put Alex into that. Alex couldn't practice Thursday or Friday. We wanted him to. He was just a little bit stiff from the week before and all. In the game hoping that he would be able to be okay and the three guys would be able to work it out.”

(More on the performance of CB DJ Reed)
“Yeah, he's been really impressive and just shown great quickness. Showed fantastic burst on the kickoff return. He's just been good enough that we think let's put him out there and see what he can do. Quintin wasn't going be able to play. He is going to need some time to get right. So I thought he had the best background to be able to handle the situation, and he did okay. I thought he played all right. I need to see the film.”

(On treating CB DJ Reed like the other corners such as CB Shaquill Griffin)
"It is a little bit different. I'll just leave it at that. We have not had DJ with us for a long time. Probably his third week with us. He really focused on the nickel spot in the first week that he was preparing to come back, and then the second week, and then somebody had to play and decided to go with him there. We don't have a lot of background in developing his took unique and style. He's doing the best he can right now to play with us. But he's a good football player. I like him out there.”

(On the status of S Jamal Adams)
“Yeah, first off, he had to man up today. His shoulder was hurting. To make it out there and play for his team, that was a great demonstration of that. He's going to be sore. I thought he was very active. I need to see all of the plays to see if there was any things he could have done, stuff I didn't see. I thought, again, you knew he was on the field, and that's kind of the player he is. So we're putting him in situations that allow him to utilize the talent that he has and the playmaking that he has in hopes that we can really make it fit together well. But for him just to be on the field today after getting banged like he did, that was pretty heroic.”

(On the impact of RB Alex Collins)
“He just looked really good in practice the days we had him, particularly the first week; not so much this past week. But his quickness and he's got a really suddenness to him. He is a real decisive runner, an experienced runner. He's carried the ball a lot in his early days, and I just had to make the call about going with him. I thought he looked good today. He did fine. Real nice toss for the touchdown. He was explosive and gave us a chance. I thought he did a nice job.”

(On his impact in the blocking game)
“Yeah, I saw a couple of those too that I thought were better than he was in the first week. He realized he had to step up and do a nice job as he's just coming back to us. We really tried to rely on the other guys more because we hadn't had enough time with him. The chances that he had he did stick it up in there pretty nice. Did a nice job.

(On the 61-yard field goal by K Jason Myers)
“Fantastic kick. You know, he's off to a great season. He's doing everything we could ask. Both he and Mikey are kicking the heck out of the football, giving us field position, keeping people pinned back. We've had one return it seems like that was worth a darn in eight or nine games because of the placement of the kicks on both sides of. Maybe there is a couple of them. So the kicking game has been solid. I really liked the flash that we saw from DJ taking off today. He's had a kickoff return for a touchdown in his history, and you can see why. He really hit it today. Maybe that gives him a chance next week. We'll see.”

Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
(On having multiple picks since his rookie season)
"Well, obviously the first decision was just a bad decision. I should've just took off and just ran it…I saw (TE Will) Dissly sneak out early, I just stepped up, slid and I thought I still had him and so, you know, it was just a bad decision. That's all that was, and you've got to move on. You've still got a lot of game left. The second pick, that guy made a great play. I mean but you know, I think that the reality is, I know who I am. I know that I'm a great football player. I know I've been great. I know I will be great, and I'll continue to be great. I know that there are better days ahead. And so, you know, I think that, well I'll use a baseball analogy, but sometimes you go up to the plate and you don't have your way, so that's what it was today. I look forward to getting back after it and getting back to work and just finding my best again and just have no doubt that greatness is in store. I have no doubt that we're going to get back on track. I've no doubt that we as a team and we're going to find a way and we're going to have better days ahead."

(On if he thinks he is trying to do too much or trying to make plays that aren't there)
"No, not really. I think that I thought I had them. I took a shot there. We made that play so many times over and over again in different ways and unfortunately it didn't work this time. I should have just ran it. I didn't have to make it overly complicated and I should have just ran it there. But you know, I think if you go back to, like I said the last week, you had the fourth-and-1, I've got to make up a throw and then I think this game is just, like I said, I think the guy made a great play on the second interception. So, how I think and how I roll, and you guys know this, is that I always try to find the good in it all and find, knowing who I am, knowing what's ahead, knowing that we got a game in a few days, knowing that I can't hang on this, knowing that we can't, knowing that you know, we got a great challenge ahead of us and we got a lot of games left. We got a lot of opportunity left. We can still do all the things that we want to do and so I'm not going to have any fear or any doubt in it."

(On if he was lobbying hard to go for the fourth-and-1 early in the third quarter)
"I thought we got it, first of all. I didn't think I was down, so that's why we challenged it. I thought we got the spot laid out for, I tried to keep my legs off the ground, so unfortunately they didn't give it to us and since then we almost drew them off sides and I think it could go either way. Obviously, you want to be able to go for it, just cause you want to convert and get that opportunity to keep going, but at the same time, you know, we were on the other side of the field, so I don't think it was a bad decision having to punt, it. We tried to draw them off sides and try to convert on that. They almost went twice and then unfortunately we had to punt the ball."

(On how missing RB Chris Carson impacts the offense)
"Well I think that we've unfortunately, obviously missing Chris, he is one of the best football players in the game. He's amazing and so I think that really this game right here, just it comes back to just, staying on schedule, not turning it over. I think with Chris, obviously we want to be back out there. He's just a great football player for us and we want to continue to be explosive on offense, find ways to get the ball to different guys and everything else and hopefully Chris can come back to us and make some of those plays for us."

(On what they need to do to clean up the turnovers)
"I think that I just got to get better. I'm not going to make it overly complicated. It's not on anybody, but me and I put it on my shoulders and get it fixed."

(On what was missing from his initial looks that caused him to scramble and go off script to move the ball)
“They covered some stuff on first and second down that we thought we were going to have – they covered some of that stuff up and so I had to move around a little bit. They're a good football team and they have a lot of things that they do well. We did a lot of things really well too. We did convert on some of our third downs. We made some key plays there and this and that, we battled throughout the game. We knew it was going be a tough challenge. It always is a tough challenge in an NFC West game against the Rams and us, it's always a battle. So, I just think that in terms of staying on schedule, When I refer to that, I'm really more so talking about the turnovers and when we don't have those then we have a great chance.”

(On what happened on the delay of game penalty)
“I think we rotated somebody in trying to get it off, trying to get the ball snapped, and it hit zero right when we were snapping it, so they called it on us. We thought we had a great play. The next play called up and a guy made a great play, laid out for it, dove and caught it. I think we let it rip, it was there, and the guy made a great play, as simple as that.”

(On not targeting WR DK Metcalf tonight)
“Well, we actually targeted him a few times early on, but they covered it, they dropped back. We had him early on a crossing route. Unfortunately, they dropped right into it. So, I think I hit (WR Freddie) Swain right down the sideline. And then we had a few other plays that we tried to go to him, but unfortunately they either pressured or something happened and that's just the name of the game. But I'm always looking for him, he's such a great player, he can do so many great things for us and we were able to find him a couple of times there in the second half. I had the deep cross where he made that great catch and that was unbelievable catch. I just kind of move and slide to try and give it a chance and he got his hands right underneath of it, that was an unbelievable play. So, we have to continue to find ways to get him involved and everybody involved, but he's such a special player. He did a good job of just continuing to battle and that was an unfortunate situation for him.”

(On how he continues to improve after games)
“I always try to think about, especially in the midst of chaos, knowing who I am, in terms of me personally I think you're asking – knowing who I am, I think about that. I’ve been fortunate to win a lot of football games, have been fortunate to have some amazing comebacks, been fortunate to have a lot of touchdowns. Also been fortunate to go through some tough times too. I think that sometimes when you go through tough times, whether if it's in sports, whether it's in life, no matter what it is, when you're called, when you're chosen and when you have the opportunity to be great in everything else, sometimes you get knocked down. But the one thing I know about myself is I'm always going to get up. I'm always going to get up and I'm always going to keep swinging and that's just my mentality. So, I look forward to the challenge, I look forward to the next day, I look forward to the next game and so that's where my mindset is.”

(On the decision to pick up the fumble on the snap and if that is the flip side of confidence because he has made so many of those types of plays out of nothing in his career and sometimes it just doesn't happen and that's penalty for confidence)
"Yeah, I think so, but I don't necessarily agree with it. I guess I think about the ball that went over my head, for example, against the Vikings. You're told to go on the ball, lay down on it and that's the traditional thing to do, I guess. But if I would have done that, that play wouldn't have worked. So, I guess there's good and bad in it all, but I think that, like I said, when the ball is on the ground to try to get it really fast. I think the guy was actually blitzing, I couldn't tell because I was trying to pick the ball up and try to get it quickly, just missed getting it and they got the ball. Got to watch the film and see what it is, but I'm never going to shy away from leaving it all out there and I think that's just part of it. I think that sometimes, if you don't shoot, you'll never make it, you know what I mean? Big third down, unfortunately we didn't let that play happen right then in that moment and we'll get better and that's the only way to go.”

(On what S Jamal Adams told him after the game)
“Yeah, (S) Jamal (Adams), his locker is right next to mine. Jamal came up to me and he just said, ‘I believe in you, three and there's nobody else that the trust and everything else.’ I think that meant a lot to me, especially the type of player he is, how hard he plays, and I got a lot of respect for people who lay it all on the line every day. I think that sometimes you, like I said, I think for me, you know how much I give every day. I know how much I care; I know how much I spend hours upon hours doing write-ups and studying and all the film and practice and how much you dedicate your whole life to the game. You dedicate everything, every day, every moment. I think for me, how I look at it, man, to have a great teammate like that and so many other guys, knowing that I'm going to keep bringing my all every day. I’m not going to change no matter what anybody says in terms of this or that. I'm not going to change my mindset; I'm not going to change what I believe in terms of knowing who I am. I'm going to fix some things and do that obviously. From there, I’ve done a lot of great things, we've done a lot of great things over this year. We're still doing a lot of great things, we can still get better, we can still find our way. We’ve got tough challenges ahead of us, but nothing that we can't overcome, nothing that I won't overcome. So, I'm looking forward to keep going and just keep believing in it all.”

(On what he thinks prompted Adams to say that to him)
"I just think he knows how much I care and how much I love when and how much I love the process, how much we all work together. It's one of those things that, I just think he knows what I want to bring to the table and how I want to help out this team and how we can and how good we've been and how good we're going to be and got some stuff ahead of us and there's no other way. There's no other way to go, except for just keep going and keep believing in it. So, I think that he knows the kind of player that I am. I think I know the kind of player I am. I know the kind of player he is. I know the kind of the team that we have and what we can do together. The key is just believing together, we can never doubt. We still had a chance to even win the game, despite it all, just imagine how good we can be. So, I'm looking forward to that part of it. Like I told you guys, I think for me, I know who I am, I know where I'm going, I know how to get better, I know all those things that it takes. I've been through some stuff before, and I'm not going to change now in terms of my mindset and knowing who I am and where we're going and how we're going to get there. So I'm looking forward to it all.”

--RAMS--
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Los Angeles Rams Transcripts - Seahawks Postgame - November 15, 2020 Head Coach Sean McVay, QB Jared Goff, Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll and Seahawks QB Russell Wilson

Shaky447November 16, 2020 12:26AM