July 31, 2020 07:30PM
zn
Old Goat
zn
Shecky
With Mahomes winning the SB and having the 2nd best QB rating in 2019, I'll stick to my guns on Patrick. I agree that Russ has been clutch over his career, but in Mahomes' short career, I's say it been better on average than Russ.

2019 QBR via ESPN

1 Lamar Jackson BAL

2 Patrick Mahomes KC

3 Drew Brees NO

4 Dak Prescott DAL

5 Russell Wilson SEA

I wasn't thinking of a career's body of work, I am thinking that Wilson, as the more experienced qb, gets more out of less. A lot of what happens in KC is not just the qb but the circumstances--Reid, a solid OL. IMO, put Wilson on that team and he gets more out of them at this point.

I truly can't stand Russel Wilson, but you are correct. He makes the most out of what he has, and what those around him have. And he's just been doing it a long time. Russ ain't perfect. He did throw an INT on the 1 to flop a SB, but his body of work makes that a never-mention. I know these ratings are based on stats junk, putting him under Prescot is a joke.

Agree and disagree on Mahomes. Yes, he has truly great people around him and is in the right scheme. But what he does with what he's got is something I don't think I've seen on a consistent basis before. He just makes things happen. Pat's just so shiny and new that I think folks aren't ready to put the mantle on him right now. Gotta see some seasons first, and as an old guy, I agree with that.

Lamar is a monster. And accurate with the ball with sharp decision making. A star. But I've seen this trick before, and he has the most potential to have the short career a lot of the run and shoot QBs have. He's a Stud, but guys like him just seem to be short-lived. Maybe I'm totally off base and he's the best QB of the next 15 years. He certainly has the talent.

On the red bit. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I agree he is a wildly good gamer with endless talent. If I looked like I was saying different...no. I guess I am so used to taking for granted how talented he is that it goes without saying. BUT. Put him on the more disadvantaged Seattle team while sending Wilson to the Chiefs, I think Wilson does as well or better, and that Mahomes suffers a little (not that much but some) because at this point anyway pressure does get to his game more than it does with Wilson.

Naw, wasn't trying to paint you into a corner on it, but you did do it again. Maybe we just disagree on what our perceptions are of how good Mahomes is. I think out of a lot of very special people, he's got a different factor to him. I do think if he was on the Seattle team that he'd adjust and be special. I really think you could put him in a lot of places and he'd get the job done. Again, I know he's young and it's early, but to me he has the traits that make a great QB, and he has that despite the system or talent around him. He does weird stuff that gets the job done, just like the guy we're comparing him to. When Pat is Russels age, I think he's going to be talked about in the same way and then some.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Twitter can’t believe ex-Rams Todd Gurley was voted 51st best player in NFL...

Rams43517July 28, 2020 06:36AM

I agree w/Twitter!

Suh-weet!169July 28, 2020 06:49PM

Re: Twitter can’t believe ex-Rams Todd Gurley was voted 51st best player in NFL...

Steve177July 28, 2020 06:50PM

Re: Far more shocking Lamar Jackson 1 over Maholmes 4

Speed_Kills151July 30, 2020 01:29AM

And Wilson over Mahomes

Shecky200July 30, 2020 01:55AM

I can see Wilson over Mahomes

zn166July 30, 2020 03:13AM

I put Mahomes over Wilson only because of age

stlramz184July 30, 2020 01:05PM

Doesn't seem like this ranking is based on a career's body of work

Shecky147July 31, 2020 01:28AM

Re: Doesn't seem like this ranking is based on a career's body of work