Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This is getting more bizarre by the day. So do they also lose pay?

July 04, 2020 02:33AM
So the Players are going to decide how many games they play? Sorry; that little detail is in the CBA.
And the Owners are to do what? Just go "oh well" and forgo hundreds of millions if not a few billion in revenue?
How about the Owners decide to forgo the season AND of course forgo paying the Players? No work, no pay. Fair enough.
And if that happens, does this automatically extend contracts by a year? Or is this a "lost" year in contracts that still "counts" even though no player played?

If you are an NFL QB making $30mil per year are you OK with just not making the money?
If you are an NFL back roster player making the minimum, what are you going to do to make a living?

This is the same deal as when at first some people screamed that the lock downs over the virus were not strict enough or long enough, and are now screaming that they MUST re-open their stores and get back to work or go broke. All this caution is great until you run out of money, or you lose a great deal of potential earnings. Then, suddenly, the risk tolerance rises significantly.

Players would do exactly the same thing.

If I'm the owners I play the games and pay who shows up and don't pay those who don't show up by their own choice. And BTW: except for the stars, I doubt that very many of those who don't show up have a job in 2021. Everyone is replaceable.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NFLPA vote for zero preseason games in 2020

Rampage2K-557July 03, 2020 09:42AM

Cannot see any way there is full season

JimYoungblood53380July 03, 2020 02:14PM

no season....bank it!

ferragamo79361July 03, 2020 04:32PM

I have prepared myself for ZERO football this year. USUALLY, this time of the year..

Ramgator293July 04, 2020 05:07AM

Re: no season....bank it!

den-the-coach214July 04, 2020 05:31AM

Seems that way. As much I I don't like helmet, satdium looks awesome

JimYoungblood53217July 06, 2020 07:12AM

This is getting more bizarre by the day. So do they also lose pay?

RockRam385July 04, 2020 02:33AM

So do they also lose pay?

leafnose194July 06, 2020 09:30AM