Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Will the Rams regret decision to go young?

July 02, 2020 06:58AM
den-the-coach
Necessity is the mother of invention....The article does point out, the reason for the Rams going younger is cap related and hopefully someone emerges because of the opportunity. Quite frankly I believe trading Cooks was a brilliant move because of his injury history, now Cooks could be fine, but I would have traded him and could not believe they found a suitor.

Inside & Outside Linebacker is where the challenges lie, Fowler & Littleton were All Pros in my book and game changers, I'm hoping that the likes of Howard or Young can fill the Littleton role with Micah Kiser offering some resistance against the run. Outside pressure all of us hope that Ebukam, Okoronkwo & 3rd round pick Terrell Lewis can put pressure on opposing QB's and maybe with a little help from Michael Floyd.

At kicker, it might be the CFL Veteran Lirim Hajrullahu who wins that battle and quite frankly, from the outset I believed the winner would be Austin MacGinnis, however, there is plenty to like about Samuel Slowman.

Offensive Line has all of us concerned, hopefully, bringing back Whit was a good move and the likes of Corbett, Edwards & Evans will continue to develop and provide holes for the young backs in Akers & Henderson, which IMO, should be an upgrade from Gurley. Many questions loom and with no training camp or preseason as a possibility with the Pandemic, there might be some growing pains during the season, if there truly is one.

Outstanding post, den. As usual.

I might add the release of Gurley as a smart move, as well. Very painful, very expensive decision, but it was a good long term decision given the salary, health, and rumored locker room issues involved. Gotta respect the FO for recognizing the mistake and willingness to bite the bullet in order to move on.

I would also like to reinforce the positivity of our kicker situation. Color me impressed with how Bonamego is dealing with the absence of GZ. Surely the Rams come out of this with a promising kicker.

Lastly, I’m very excited about Jefferson. This pick might prove to be a real coup by Snead. Fingers crossed.

On paper, many pundits fret about the Ram loss of Gurley, Cooks, and GZ, but I don’t. I feel that the replacements are possibly gonna be upgrades of the ‘19 versions of each of them. And for a helluva lot less cap dollars.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Will the Rams regret decision to go young?

Rams43385July 02, 2020 05:59AM

den-the-coach233July 02, 2020 06:23AM

Rams43210July 02, 2020 06:58AM

Re: Agree Den and 43..........

oldschoolramfan208July 02, 2020 07:21AM

den-the-coach236July 02, 2020 07:22AM

non-story in my opinion...

LMU93280July 02, 2020 08:10AM

'Author' lost me at 'middle manned by Bryce Hagar...'

promomasterj262July 02, 2020 09:30AM

Re: 'Author' lost me at 'middle manned by Bryce Hagar...'

SoCalRAMatic332July 02, 2020 10:06AM

I think young vs old is secondary to talent vs not so much.

DaJudge243July 02, 2020 10:18AM