Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Ram kicker competition post by oldnotdead...

June 20, 2020 06:29AM
Here’s oldnotdead...

The Ram season IMO turned basically on 2 missed FGs. If not for those, no one would be asking "what happened to the Rams?" Well, the Rams will have a new kicker this year. I think it will be Lirim Hajrullahu.

Lirim has a better leg than Greg ever had. He's been far and away more consistent than Greg ever was. He's been a professional for years, kicking FGs outside in the Canadian winters. He's proven himself under professional pressure. He would have to get sick or injured not to be the Ram's PK this year. I think they will try to sneak Sloman onto the PS but I don't think he will get there too many teams need a kicker like the Giants. So that probably puts MacGinnis on the PS.

Lirim could be the last piece of the puzzle. His range and accuracy could be the deciding factor in crucial games in the same way Greg was in the NFC Championship game in 2018. The only downside is his age at 30. But being a PK minimizes that issue. Talk about under the radar weapons I think Lirim could very well be exactly that. I watched some of his Canadian kicks and I'm shocked he has lasted that long in the CFL without being signed in the NFL.

But the reason I think he's a lock to make the team is that he can punt. He's not a great punter but he's not bad either (44-45 yd aver last year) in the same way Hekker isn't a great PK but he's serviceable. Having both kickers being able to fill in for each other is a huge roster advantage especially this year. If Hekker shows up with a slight temp he won't be allowed to play so having someone who can be a gameday replacement would be huge.

Last year during the season in different games Lirim made a 62 yd FG and a 70 yd FG with the last one being in heavy November air. Imagine needing a game-winning FG in January in Chicago, Greenbay, or Philly and I think you get the value of having proven weather and pressure-proof pk.

Yeah, he's my pick for under the radar impact signing.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A Ram kicker competition post by oldnotdead...

Rams43697June 20, 2020 06:29AM

Re: A Ram kicker competition post by oldnotdead...

LMU93286June 20, 2020 07:33AM

Rams43275June 20, 2020 07:36AM

den-the-coach268June 21, 2020 05:49AM

21Dog357June 21, 2020 08:41AM

zn314June 21, 2020 09:08AM

Oh c'mon. This is Apples and fish sticks.

RockRam255June 21, 2020 11:34AM

Not so sure about that Rock

BC Ramsfan278June 21, 2020 11:52AM

A pound of lead = A pound of cotton

stlramz241June 21, 2020 03:39PM

Re: Oh c'mon. This is Apples and fish sticks.

Rams43273June 21, 2020 12:05PM

You might be right (nm)

RockRam560June 21, 2020 01:30PM