Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Barnwell: Best fits for 15 NFL free agents on market

June 05, 2018 10:58AM
[ESPN]

Barnwell has the Rams, with $4.3M of cap room available, as the best landing spot for Robert Ayers (edge) and then breaks his own rule of "one free agent per team" to also have LA as the best fit for Demarco Murray.

I think Barnwell is one of the better NFL reporters, but that's JACKED UP i mean C'MON MAN...

The most defensible of the two is Ayers at edge, but this is still a reach. Yes injuries are starting to pile up (please no more), but I think Wade & Co are happy to give the fresh young guys some reps. They haven't pursued Barwin yet for a reason. I don't think they're interested in bringing in vets when they have so much young talent to sort through across the line / outside. Especially since Wade rolls out nickel so much.

Murray is just a ridiculous suggestion. Brown is a more than serviceable RB2. And the room is full behind him with the USC kid, John Kelly (who as an SEC fan I cannot wait to see what he brings in the preseason) and Larry Rose (which I'm not one to buy into hype but the blog and twitter types love him). The room is full, I don't think anyone in the organization wants additional cap space going here. It's just not necessary.

Not to mention, I think a few mil of this year's cap space should go 99...I mean PAY THE MAN. Front load some of his contract so you can take care of 30 and 16 and 20 and 22 and 12 down the road...and let him know that's the plan so he's not complaining when other d-lineman are making more than him in a few years. Give him his now so others can get theirs later.

/rant drinking smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Barnwell: Best fits for 15 NFL free agents on market

ram99481June 05, 2018 10:58AM

Rams likely to pick up some vet cuts

RockRam269June 05, 2018 02:06PM