Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams experimenting with players in different spots

November 22, 2016 08:06PM

By RICH HAMMOND / STAFF WRITER

THOUSAND OAKS – The Rams made their big move last week, when they swapped quarterbacks. After their fifth loss in six games, with their season teetering, the personnel tinkering will continue.

It seems all but certain that when the Rams play New Orleans on Sunday, it will be with something of a different look. Jared Goff will remain at quarterback, and it’s unlikely any changes will be made to a defense that has been mostly dominant this season, but a significant move on offense might be in order.

Coach Jeff Fisher hinted Monday that personnel changes could be coming, and after Tuesday’s practice, he confirmed that the Rams were experimenting with players in different spots.

“We are,” Fisher said. “We’re going to continue to do so, and it’s competitive. I’m not going to confirm or deny any lineup changes, but there’s a chance that there may be one or two.”

Major changes on defense would seem silly, as the Rams rank in the top six in the league in fewest points and yards allowed per game. The Rams, though, will have to replace reserve cornerback Troy Hill, who was waived Tuesday, three days after he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.

That’s minor tinkering though, and any significant change would happen on the offensive side.

Goff isn’t going anywhere, and neither is star running back Todd Gurley. The Rams already have been trying different options at receiver and tight end, but largely have left the offensive line intact.

Read Complete Article
[www.ocregister.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill793November 22, 2016 08:06PM

Re: Rams experimenting with players in different spots

poplarbluffman330November 23, 2016 02:10AM

my preference...

LMU93297November 23, 2016 05:13AM

Re: my preference...

joram340November 23, 2016 05:45AM

how about