Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Get it.......

November 22, 2016 11:33AM
I do

I get it

let the coach go.......

however, I can see some sentiment from the owner that the coach navigated a move; subjugated to a lot of ridicule, and criticism in St. Louis, and changed facilities repeatedly in California. Yes. These are excuses. Some are thin, some have merit. At this time, I believe that the owner will make a change.

Barring a sudden shift in offensive prowess, and the ability to win games; I expect new faces in Spring.

and yet, I am not dismissing that changing cities for a sports franchise is good for business. No team in the NFL, that I am aware, has prospered their first season in their new city.

As for the current Coach, he has to be looking over his shoulder. The owner has been very remiss to express any sentiments regarding the club's repetitive woes. And one wonders if the pressure to have some prospects of easily selling tickets, especially PSLs, is growing.

The owner has been unperturbed by embittered fans, and media as he left St. Louis. And he's taking some pretty mighty lumps from the press, and some fans as the season comes unglued. It was an easy assessment to add up "ground-breaking for the new stadium" with a sudden move to "start the number one draft pick of 2016" as fuel to one agenda. Mass interest in selling tickets in 2019 to the Inglewood property.

Would not be surprised one iota to find the owner's right hand man, Kevin Demoff, as key voice in "strenuously suggesting" that coach start the kid last weekend.

In the end, I don't think it'll be the coach's record that sinks him as much as the chance that the owner's pockets could be effected.

Speculation on who takes the coach's job is worth it. Getting a new staff in place, and actually producing wins may be a trifle more strenuous than bringing in some fresh blood. A bad face flop by a new staff really could set "Silent Stan" is the worst of situations. Having a hard time selling tickets at a premium.........

But......I figure......the new stadium will generate such a buzz that even a no win team is going to enjoy a massive inaugural season in Inglewood.
I have imagined for some time that the owner will bring Jeff Fisher into the executive branch of the team as a consultant and as proper salute to Fisher having weathered moving a franchise.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

IMO...Goff rest of season. Rams ARE still in playoff race....

Ramgator525November 22, 2016 03:53AM

The last time they opened up the Jeff Fisher Playbook...

Guard327November 22, 2016 04:24AM

Re: IMO...Goff rest of season. Rams ARE still in playoff race....

poplarbluffman321November 22, 2016 04:33AM

I agree but.....

Ramgator300November 22, 2016 05:00AM

Re: I agree but.....It's Fisher we are talking about.

oldschoolramfan213November 22, 2016 06:01AM

Re: IMO...Goff rest of season. Rams ARE still in playoff race....

Rams43280November 22, 2016 07:35AM

12 days from now the Rams will be 4-8..

PaulButcher59275November 22, 2016 10:51AM

leafnose271November 22, 2016 11:33AM

Rampage2K-310November 22, 2016 11:40AM