Advanced

Re: Average about 15ish...NM

November 22, 2016 03:41AM
dzrams
laram
dzrams
laram
dzrams
Actually my friend, you are choosing the 4 worst games out of 10 and pointing to that story. That’s no better than if I chose the 4 best games and pointed to that as the true story. The stats can’t be skewed by six good games that are close to the average; if anything, those four bad games are what are skewing the stats since four is less than six.

In reality neither instance of cherry picking tells the true story which is why the average in this case is best since all defenses have fluctuations.

They are 4th in opponent offensive points per game and 6th in yards per game. Last year at this time, they were somewhere around 6th or 7th in opponent offensive points per game and 23rd in yards per game. In fact, last year you were using that 23rd ranking in ypg to argue with me that the D wasn’t very good.

Then as now, my bottom line is points per game that the D itself actually allowed. That’s the same measurement by which we judge offenses.

Frankly, I’m surprised that the D is better because I predicted it would be worse.

They are exactly what i thought they would be. No thats not true they are a little better.

Here is the difference between me and a lot of people. I'm never fooled by the window dressing.

I know they played against a horrid Bryce Petty who missed opportunities all over the field.

I know that they played against Russell Wilson on one leg.

I know that they played against a Panthers o-line with three changes up front.

Those issues significantly impact games.

As I said they have a stretch of games coming up that will show for everybody what they are.

As you know I'm on record for the Rams finishing at 5-11.

And like clock work every year.....

I always trust my eyes. Always.

Fair enough. I can believe that some of those issues you mentioned impacted the games. Although the Wilson excuse is pretty flimsy since we always play him well.

I do find it strange that you seem to have no problem making those types of concessions when other teams are missing pieces but don’t for the Rams.

We have the numbers we have and have had some significant injuries ourselves. Those issues significantly impact games too.

Sadly, it’s a strong possibility that you may be right on the final record. We’ll see and hopefully the D continues it’s strong play.

Since you are never fooled though and they are pretty close to what you expect, what do you really think they are? What are you expecting their final ranking to be after this next stretch of games?

What they're ranking is. All I care about is the W/L record.

Why should be obvious. They can play good/great defense and still be sub-500.

They won't improve on their rankings in this next stretch, that's for sure.

If the Rams were more potent on offense, I believe teams would be more aggressive in attacking their weaknesses on defense.

One thing I want to correct you on.

I except deficiencies (injuries) when i feel they significantly impact the outcome of games.

The Rams under Fisher have never demonstrated to ME that they could function at an optimum level with everything in place.

Take now for instance. Aren't the Rams one of the healthiest teams in the league?

Do you remember my post when the Rams were interviewing Fisher for the job?

If you do then you would know...I'm not fooled.

That's all your honor.

Nah, I don't remember your post on Fisher at the beginning. But I do know that I posted on here that I wasn't for his hire. My complaints I expressed today about him being too conservative and out of touch with the modern NFL were the same ones I had 5 years ago. I'm not fooled either.

As for the overall ranking of the D, I was just curious how you rate this D since you say you see it for what it is. Good? Bad? Average?

Best,
Laram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams defensive stats

LMU93784November 21, 2016 05:14AM

Re: Per what source?...NM

laram300November 21, 2016 05:46AM

TeamRankings.com

LMU93294November 21, 2016 06:01AM

look no further than redzone

Hazlet Hacksaw321November 21, 2016 07:03AM

Re: Well the D is actually better than last year...

dzrams327November 21, 2016 07:14AM

Wow.

stlramz366November 21, 2016 07:18AM

Re: But they're not better...

laram303November 21, 2016 08:19AM

Re: Oh, but they are...

dzrams343November 21, 2016 10:04AM

Re:No....

laram222November 21, 2016 10:31AM

Re: Re:No....

dzrams325November 21, 2016 10:51AM

Re: I don't really care...

laram310November 21, 2016 11:08AM

Re: I don't really care...

dzrams281November 21, 2016 04:48PM

Re: Average about 15ish...NM

laram332November 22, 2016 03:41AM

LMU93300November 21, 2016 08:07AM

Re: I think I figured it out...

dzrams360November 21, 2016 09:55AM

guesses?...

wv ram260November 21, 2016 10:22AM

Re: guesses?...

LMU93253November 22, 2016 02:52AM

bigjimram21350November 21, 2016 06:49PM

That was plain awful

Blue and Gold239November 22, 2016 02:04PM