Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

here's Farr;s take on that

October 08, 2016 05:39AM
leafnose
in one I see Gurley take off slow. Hav cuts inside and has a very brief seal. the gap vanishes, but Gurley looks hesitant.
right there is cause to use Bennie some. just do it.

the other two clips
well everyone follows Gurley. if one can isolate that read and react a couple of more times, the counter draw, the naked bootleg, anything to the backside of that kind of defensive response looks like the field is wide open. They are all headed to Gurley. And they aren't fooled one bit. Sure, the OL gets beat, and beat bad. But the world knows it going to Todd......I think

again......I've watched every team do the draw.....or hesitate and then cut it back against the grain against us. Why don't we ever run that?

I am not @#$%& here, I am just wondering about the number of snaps versus the chances that Todd breaks one off. I guess Fisher is right; one of these plays and Todd is going to be gone. Cuz they are packed up in and tight, and if he gets by the first level......see ya later.

I guess most of all, is I still wonder about using Cunningham a bit more. The smaller Bennie could easily get lost among all those bodies and make the over pursuit pay the heavy price for it.

From a podcast with Simmons.

Farr was saying teams are following the formula SF came up with to defend Gurley.

They not only stack the box, and cover every gap, they do that with additional games and movement and stunts. The result is that this mostly not very experienced OL hesitates a bit in figuring out who to block. When the OL hesitates so does Gurley.

We don't know what adjustments they will add but one way the Rams have dealt with this so far is to just keep pounding Gurley regardless, and then take the shots the defense is offering them by stacking the LOS. As a result, as Football Outsiders has pointed out, there are only 3 other teams that have as many 30 yard or more passing plays than the Rams...and the Rams did all of that in the last 3 games. That stuff even worked on the road coming from behind.

The better world would be to get Gurley untracked AND take shots. Then presumably they would not be in as many close games.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Film Room: The 3-1 Rams (Football Outsiders)

Hacksaw_64872October 06, 2016 02:03PM

Re: OKAY........football x and o guys......look at the last 3 gifs

leafnose337October 08, 2016 05:18AM

here's Farr;s take on that

zn465October 08, 2016 05:39AM

Re: here's Farr;s take on that

CraigMatson291October 08, 2016 07:31AM

zn431October 08, 2016 07:48AM

tonyde358October 08, 2016 07:32AM