Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Williams and Barron

July 16, 2016 06:52AM
what is it?
the big nickel?

there's no question that Mark Barron is a weaponized hybrid born of Williams design.

I am always concerned about the number of reps a smaller bodied guy can take inside the box.
So, how Barron remains freed up and not buried under some guard, or tight end is important. Clouded out of a play can be as ugly, and making the play.

more and more, it's pointed out that our LBs roles are somewhat limited in the unique set ups that Williams deploys. Guys like Lynch? Well, in a classic set up with JL out of the roster? Lynch is a starter, to me, on paper. Ayers seems to roam at the SAM? Tree is now the MIK. Lynch? Again, on paper I'd rather rough a few downs with Cameron smashing into the line of scrimmage, rather than beat up Barron early.

btw, Barron is very nifty at not getting swamped, and making plays. but do I really want him repeatedly taking on the Seahawks TEs?
not sure.

which bring us again to the loss of JL, the Tree in the middle, and who takes up the outside roles at LB, particularly on running downs.

I will say; Lynch must have impressed the coaches. On roster that could easily eject a UDFA LB for another body, Cameron stuck, and then played as the season progressed. Just how much will the offseason have benefited the kid? Is he one of those guys that really come on with a year under his belt?

And there's Bryce Hager. Enjoyed watching Hager in some college matches I saw him play in rebroadcasts.
I guess my drift is about how Williams will rotate his LBs, and not make a mistake of wearing down Alec Ogletree, who I view more of a weapon, and not exactly the everydown MLB type.

But credit Williams. He will overset his lbs, he moves the group around to give them opportunities, and for the most part they are successful.

the vanilla preseason probably won't reveal much in the way of scheme, but it ought to be a great opportunity to get the backup MLB role sorted; And it'll give plenty of reps to Lynch. Shedding blockers, and making form tackles. A lot of meaningless snaps in preseason, but in them are handful of plays that let us see what a guy like Lynch may possess down the line.

btw, the roster for the rams, vs the ramswire link are wildly out of whack for Lynch's size........just sayin
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is Cameron Lynch bound to replace Ayers?

leafnose1296July 16, 2016 05:37AM

Re: Williams and Barron

leafnose685July 16, 2016 06:52AM

I agree with you here, Leaf....Lynch is a Barron type...smaller body

SunTzu_vs_Camus603July 16, 2016 08:21AM

Re: Is Cameron Lynch bound to replace Ayers?

zn923July 16, 2016 08:58AM

yep...but Forrest always looked kinda slow in his clips.....

SunTzu_vs_Camus679July 16, 2016 09:17AM

Re: yep...but Forrest always looked kinda slow in his clips.....

zn659July 16, 2016 08:19PM

yep, as much as I can....at UCI

SunTzu_vs_Camus580July 18, 2016 06:21AM