Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USC's Tuli Tuipulotu: 'It would be a blessing' to play in LA with Aaron Donald

March 24, 2023 08:15AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] USC's Tuli Tuipulotu: 'It would be a blessing' to play in LA with Aaron Donald

Cameron DaSilva
March 24, 2023 5:32 am PT
The Los Angeles Rams will be on the hunt for pass rushers in the NFL draft this year, and they might not have to go very far to find one quality option. USC’s Tuli Tuipulotu is a potential target for the Rams on Day 2, bringing the ability to rush from the outside or on the interior.

He’s an impressive prospect coming off a 13.5-sack season with the Trojans and is excited about the opportunity to play in the NFL in 2023. He was born and raised in California and he’s not opposed to the possibility of staying at home in L.A. where he has his family.

“It’d be an honor to stay in L.A. My whole family is out here,” Tuipulotu said, via Heavy.com. “But most likely I’m going to get out of L.A. I don’t know … I just have a feeling that I’m going to move so far away. I’ve been in L.A. my whole life.”

If the Rams were to draft him in the second or third round, he’d get the chance to play alongside an all-time great: Aaron Donald. He and Donald would make for an exciting pairing on the Rams defense, which is in need of talent this offseason.

“But if I play in L.A., it’ll be a blessing to play with A.D,” Tuipulotu said.

Tuipulotu is viewed as a tweener prospect, not exactly fitting at one position or another. He can rush from the edge and despite being listed at 290 pounds by USC, he weighed in at 266 pounds at the combine – a great number for an outside linebacker.

Even if the Rams view him as more of a defensive end in their scheme, he should be in consideration for them on Day 2.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

USC's Tuli Tuipulotu: 'It would be a blessing' to play in LA with Aaron Donald

BerendsenRam189March 24, 2023 08:15AM