Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First filled? Rams Offensive Coordinator search nearing end…

January 24, 2023 03:13AM
'First Filled?' Rams Offensive Coordinator Search Nearing End​

[www.si.com]

The Los Angeles Rams' offensive coordinator job could be one of the first vacancies filled.​

With assurances of head coach Sean McVay's return to the Los Angeles Rams' sideline finally fulfilled, it appears fans won't have to be as patient when it comes to his cohorts.

Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated predicts that the Rams could be the first of the offensive coordinator-starved teams to fill their active vacancy. Former New York Jets overseer Mike LaFleur continues to stand as the reported favorite after spending the last two seasons in green.

Those at the Rams facilities, Breer warns, shouldn't paint LaFleur's name on the office door just yet, however.

"My sense is that (LaFleur) is still the direction this is going in, with much of the process already completed," Breer writes. "(But) Sean McVay has already interviewed Eagles QBs coach Brian Johnson and former Colts OC Marcus Brady for the job, too."

The Rams (5-12) are left without an offensive boss after prior man Liam Coen opted to return to the college ranks, set to represent the University of Kentucky in the same role. LaFleur's most recent season in New York enjoyed the rookie contributions of Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall, though the team failed to see any progress from 2021's second overall pick Zach Wilson.

Johnson and Brady (the latter) now an Eagles offensive consultant are both still working at this time of the year, as they're vying to succeed the Rams as NFC champions on Sunday afternoon against San Francisco (12 p.m. PT, Fox). Johnson is perhaps best known for his time under center at the University of Utah, notably earning MVP honors in the Utes' upset victory over Alabama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl. Brady has made a name for himself in the Canadian Football League, winning three Grey Cup titles through offensive coordinator service in Montreal and Toronto.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

First filled? Rams Offensive Coordinator search nearing end…

Rams43334January 24, 2023 03:13AM

Anybody else getting antsy while waiting for news about Ram coaching hires?

Rams43124January 24, 2023 03:29AM

I would be surprised if he hires anyone..

sstrams157January 24, 2023 03:36AM

I would like the Brian Johnson Hire

den-the-coach119January 24, 2023 03:53AM

Re: I would like the Brian Johnson Hire

oldschoolramfan97January 24, 2023 05:42AM

Re: Anybody else getting antsy while waiting for news about Ram coaching hires?

David Deacon117January 24, 2023 03:49AM

Re: Anybody else getting antsy while waiting for news about Ram coaching hires?

Rams4369January 24, 2023 07:10AM

Re: Any news or reports about any interviews at Rams Park?

oldschoolramfan86January 25, 2023 05:50AM

I still wish McVay would hire someone with long term experience

NewMexicoRam66January 25, 2023 06:15AM