Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AvengerRam with his weekly 20 random thoughts…

October 30, 2022 06:32PM
Here’s AvengerRam…

1. This one was really ugly.

2. Well, not at first. For 2+ quarters, the Rams looked pretty good. A couple of nice touchdown drives, a key Red Zone stop, and a four point lead.

3. Then the defense decided to forget how to play defense.

4. Some of it was by design. The soft zone just does not work against a team like the 49ers. How many times do we have to see them march down the field before that becomes apparent to those calling the plays?

5. Can't absolve the defenders, either. The coverage was awful, and Taylor Rapp was a true liability out there.

6. We can't seem to buy a turnover. Jalen Ramsey dropped an INT that could have gone for 6, and a key fumble dropped in the lap of a 49er.

7. The pass rush had its moments but, in the end, with the soft coverage, it wasn't able to be a factor. In the last third of the game, it was nonexistent.

8. Where's the fight in this team? We get the ball back with a minute to go in the first half and a timeout, and we run the clock out? No trust to even try to get into field goal range?

9. The OL wasn't the problem for a good portion of the game. At least in the first half, they did their job. But as the 49ers turned the score and the Rams became more one-dimensional, they showed their limitations.

10. Can't blame Matthew Stafford either. He played well when he had time, and even on a few plays when he didn't.

11. Cooper Kupp potentially getting injured in garbage time? Hopefully its nothing, but why was he on the field?

12. How did Ronnie F-ing Rivers become our lead back?

13. Darrell Henderson - 4 carries. He missed a practice due to illness earlier in the week, but is there more to this? Is he, like Cam Akers, in the doghouse? Is he on the trade block? Weird.

14. The trade deadline really loses its luster with this loss.

15. I'm OUT on any "all in" type moves at this point. In other words NO RENTALS. I'm not interested in a half season from Bradley Chubb or Kareem Hunt (both UFAs this offseason).

16. Alvin Kamara? At least he'd be a longer term option, as he's signed through 2025. Not really expecting this to happen, but you never know.

17. Mathematically, the Rams are still in the thick of the NFC playoff hunt. We don't look like a playoff team right now, though.

18. The Christian McCaffrey move will be lauded this week as a great move, and with good reason. In the long run, though, you have to wonder if he'll stay healthy long enough to not engender regret (I'd have the same fear if we were to trade for Kamara).

19. That could be the last time we see Jimmy Garoppolo in a 49ers uniform (barring another playoff meeting this year, it will be). I'm tired of making that bum look good.

20. Can I find a bright side here? Well... yeah. In ten years, twenty years, thirty years, and (hopefully) beyond... I'll vaguely remember this horrific regular season losing streak against our most hated rival. But I'll vividly remember last year's NFC Championship game win. Screw their well-traveled fans, their history and their taunts. We beat them when it counted last year, and that lasts forever.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

AvengerRam with his weekly 20 random thoughts…

Rams43162October 30, 2022 06:32PM