Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

With Scully in mind. Anyone else ever choose listening to the radio when a game is on TV??

August 04, 2022 02:45AM
I have done it MANY times in the last 10 years or so. ESPECIALLY Florida Gator football. I have REFUSED to pay for the SEC Network (BIG Scam by ESPN) and games on ESPN 2 are often terrible. Aside from that, I love the nostalgia of games on radio. It takes me back to the 70s, before cable, and my Dad always had an ear piece from his tiny AM radio, listening to the Gators. It will be a downer this year because the Gators Radio guy, Mick Hubert, retired after 33 years. When I drove home from Tampa, after our AWWEEEEEEESOME win last January, it was REALLY cool listening to the Chiefs / Bills game on radio during my 4 hour (VERY HAPPY) drive back to Jacksonville.

But...yeah... I do love the nostalgia of sitting in my spot on the couch with a beer and listening to Gator Radio.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

With Scully in mind. Anyone else ever choose listening to the radio when a game is on TV??

Ramgator165August 04, 2022 02:45AM

Re: With Scully in mind. Anyone else ever choose listening to the radio when a game is on TV??

Great Bordeni166August 04, 2022 04:59AM

All the time!

canadaram77August 04, 2022 08:45AM

Re: With Scully in mind. Anyone else ever choose listening to the radio when a game is on TV??

Classicalwit59August 04, 2022 01:10PM