Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"It's Mind Blowing": Brontae Harris signs free agent contract with Los Angeles Rams

May 03, 2021 07:14AM
'IT'S MIND-BLOWING': Harris signs free agent contract with Los Angeles Rams

Jake Winfrey, The Cullman Times, Ala.

Mon, May 3, 2021, 5:16 AM·3 min read

May 3—All the sacrifice, all the hard work, all the adversity — Brontae Harris knew it'd pay off.

And, on Sunday, it did.

The 2015 Cullman graduate and former UAB standout signed with the Los Angeles Rams as an undrafted free agent and will have a chance to compete for a coveted spot on the team's 53-man roster ahead of the upcoming NFL season.

The defensive back's first stop on that journey is rookie minicamp, which opens later this month.

"First thing's first — I've got to thank God," Harris said. "It's been a long weekend and a long few days. I did a lot of praying, and He brought me through it. After I got the call, I called my parents next. They were stressed and worried about me. They know how important this is to me. Getting through the weekend and finally getting that call — it's mind-blowing and a dream come true.

"You wait on this chance ever since you first pick up a football. I still don't believe it's real, but I'm trying to enjoy the moment. Receiving this opportunity is a blessing, and I couldn't be more thankful or humbled by it."

Although Harris was somewhat disappointed not to get drafted, the 24-year-old said his maturation over the past couple of years helped with the process. He also knew a franchise would take a flyer on him, giving the Cullman native an opportunity to showcase his abilities.

"I've matured a lot, and I understand the business side of it because of my injury (in 2019)," Harris said. "I know that plays a big role. I wanted to get drafted, but I also just wanted to chance to show someone I could overcome that injury. This is a blessing, and I was confident I'd get a chance. I knew I put some great stuff on film. And knowing that I performed well against great competition, I knew I'd get a call. I knew someone would take a chance on me, and I'm grateful for that."

Full Article
[news.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2021 07:16AM by RamBill.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

"It's Mind Blowing": Brontae Harris signs free agent contract with Los Angeles Rams

RamBill695May 03, 2021 07:14AM

Sure Numbers Harris has a great shot to make the team

den-the-coach313May 03, 2021 09:28AM

Re: Sure Numbers Harris has a great shot to make the team

RAMpant Defense226May 03, 2021 10:40AM