Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jalen Ramsey wouldn’t mind Rams adding a top WR alongside Kupp, Woods...

March 04, 2021 07:19AM
Jalen Ramsey wouldn't mind Rams adding a top WR to go with Kupp, Woods

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

Jalen Ramsey has gone up against just about all of the top receivers in the NFL today. He’s locked down many of them, too, including DK Metcalf, DeAndre Hopkins and Allen Robinson last season alone.

And as much as he enjoys covering the best wideouts on Sundays, he would also love to be their teammate. On the Huddle and Flow podcast with Steve Wyche and Jim Trotter, Ramsey hinted that he’d like to have another top receiver in Los Angeles to go along with Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods – someone he can go up against every day in practice and win with during the season.

“I look forward to playing any top dog, really,” Ramsey said. “But at the same time, I like the challenge of playing against guys, but man, if I could somehow get guys to be my teammate and we can go against each other in practice. And then during the game, we’ll give it to these other teams. That’s more so what I want than anything. We already got Woody and Kupp and I feel like getting these other guys over here, too.”

It’s unlikely the Rams are going to trade for a top wide receiver or sign one like Chris Godwin or Allen Robinson, but signing a player such as Marvin Jones is a possibility, given his ties to Matthew Stafford. Nothing can ever be ruled out with Les Snead, but don’t hold your breath on a true No. 1 receiver landing in L.A. – as much as Ramsey would like to see that happen.

Ramsey had trouble picking the toughest wide receiver he’s had to cover, but he said after facing Odell Beckham Jr. once, the Browns wideout left an impact on him.

“I played Odell only once, but he left an impact that I remember,” Ramsey said.

Ramsey also mentioned Stefon Diggs’ route running, DeAndre Hopkins’ overall talent, Davante Adams’ skill set and Tyreek Hill’s improvement since the last time he played against the Chiefs receiver.

He said he wishes he got to match up with Adams more in the Rams’ playoff loss to the Packers, and his only game against Julio Jones was his debut with the Rams, so he didn’t get a full taste of covering those elite pass catchers. But they’re undoubtedly in the upper-echelon of receivers.

“It’s like a handful of guys that are always going to be in the conversation, like, ‘OK, maybe he’s top 5, maybe he’s top 10.’ It depends what day you ask me and how I’m feeling and maybe if I played ‘Madden’ lately, that’s who I’m going to pick,” Ramsey said.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jalen Ramsey wouldn’t mind Rams adding a top WR alongside Kupp, Woods...

Rams43322March 04, 2021 07:19AM