Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I did a quickie re-watch of Cards game last night...

December 10, 2020 07:38AM
Gonna try to limit this post to things that others have not covered in their reviews or points that I wanted to further emphasize.

My biggest takeaway is that I think this Akers/Hendy duo is gonna be a very effective one for a few years. They’re both really starting to ‘get it’ and I foresee both continuing to improve with experience. I have a peaceful easy feeling about RB, that’s for sure.

Goff looked so relaxed in this game. Going through progressions, making nice throws, etc. If only that Goff could show up every week. Sigh...

I intentionally watched a lot of Blythe because Rams must make a decision on him this offseason. I thought he played a ‘pretty good’ game. Nothing impressive but nothing to embarrass himself, either. IOW, pretty much how we all have been rating him. I have no idea what direction the Rams will pursue at C for ‘21.

Despite the missed FG, I feel reasonably comfortable with Gay as kicker indefinitely. But the coverage units and their penalties are an anchor on this team. I’m very afraid that they will bite us in the butt at a critical time in the playoffs. Doubt that it’s fixable midseason. McVay must allow the new ST Coordinator to stock his units with better ST players next year. See what I did there? Lol.

I’m warming up to Reeder, at least as a backup ILB. Still hope a quality player falls into Rams lap in next draft at ILB, but if not then I think we may be in better shape with our top 4 than I had thought previously.

Okay, call me a broken record, but edge is definitely our biggest need and should be our top off-season priority. If Floyd walks then Edge becomes our top TWO priorities. It is my hope that Rams can somehow extend Floyd. Limited cap room for potential suitors might help for one more year. In any case, that edge opposite Floyd is still unsettled after 12 darned games. Too many candidates can’t stay healthy, get caught in the wash, forget contain responsibilities, or just seem to stand up rather than pressuring and/or tackling. Honestly, I think Hollins is our best bet there as of right now.

Having said all that, Staley did a great job of somehow bringing guys toward Murray in such a way as to largely deny him places to run and eventually forcing him to throw the ball away due to excellent coverage by the secondary. So, Staley had success via scheme since he didn’t have top drawer talent. But remember, Murray is a young QB with limitations. Limitations that elite playoff QB’s don’t have.

Speaking of the Rams secondary, I will just say this. If all Ram units were as good at their jobs as this Ram secondary then the Rams would never lose another game. I’m serious.

After 12 games it’s still hard to get a bead on this ‘20 Rams team. Sometimes I think that they’re in a rebuilding year while prepping for ‘21. Other times I think that they could go all the way to the SB this year. On paper, I see no other NFC team that looks better. Certainly none are better balanced. Rams could be 11-1 today if only they had played to their potential against Dolphins and 49ers twice. I would LOVE to have do-overs in those 3 games. That’s the maddening thing to me.

Then again, maybe this young team is settling down now and playing closer to their potential. The wins against the Seahawks, Bucs, and Cards were pretty danged impressive.

All I can say is stay tuned because this could be a bumpy but very exciting ride from here on in.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I did a quickie re-watch of Cards game last night...

Rams43365December 10, 2020 07:38AM