Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An insightful OL post by BonifayRam...

January 22, 2020 10:08AM
Here’s BonifayRam...

Ref. our 4 signed centers (Allen/ Shelton/ Trewyn/ Kolone) I Have no clue either. On Blythe....if his damaged & repaired shoulders along with his badly injured lower leg all have healed Blythe appears to be the preferred OC to start the season...I know we already know he is not all that good, but he would be a quick fix & introductions are not needed. The only & biggest issue is how much $$$$$ does he want? I prefer to go the route where Snead drafts a future starting OC & let the salary cap funds go to Littleton, Kupp or JJ III or Ramsey instead.

Where is Gurley going to go? Trading Gurley is impossible too much $$$$ baggage, they can not release him, he has way too much dead $$$ involved. Gurley is a slowly trending downward aging medically reduced RB & the Rams know that. Gurley will be here as a Ram for the next 2020/2021 seasons then most likely retire. I can live with Gurley as he is mostly because I like him a lot(y):love:. He needs to better partners than Henderson & Brown they did not help him out in 2019!

Why not continue to build with Austin Corbett playing where he played last season @ LG. Corbett was a 3 or 4 season starter @ Left OT for Nevada. I would hate to have to reinvent our OL all over again. Corbett has never started any game @ OC. He did have a series @ OC in the Senior Bowl back in 2018. Corbett has an NFL prototype LG body over 6-4 & plays between 305 to 310lbs. He is far more LT than he is OC IMO. I say keep Corbett on that left side! Prefer no movement of Corbett to center

Whitworth needs to retire now he is degrading as we speak. If the LT problem continues to a big issue a couple of weeks into TC with OL'ers Evans/ Edwards or the new drafted LT ....shift Corbett to the outer left a foot or two to the exterior & insert David Edwards in his LG post. I agree with some other members that David Edwards probable best playing position will be left OG or RT. Corbett has a ton of experience @ LT much more than Evans & Edwards has.

FA'cy will open soon & I bet Snead is in the market for a center (a low cost type veteran former starting experience UFA) or better yet the same as described but a (OC/OG) salary cap cut victim that does not have any effect on the Compensatory Draft Pick Awards. Best to work with our four signed centers then add a 5th talented OC through the draft. Then finally get lucky later with an experience recently cut vet OC looking for work. That would be my plan. I can't afford to go out shopping with salary cap funds they are needed elsewhere.

3/5 th's of the Rams OL LG/RG/RT will be in good condition with young OL'ers like Havenstein, Corbett, Edwards, Brewer, Shelton & Evans involved. Kromers #1 long term 2020 issue is @ center. Then he has an immediate short term issue @ LT that he will need to patch & temperately plug for the 1st half 2020 but its NOT long term issue this season. Work for a cure on the #1 problem stay focus it's a CENTER issue!

P.S. Rams might have a possible sleeper cloaked already signed in here his named Nate Trewyn. This 23 yr old 6-3 315 is a pure center type prospect. He is a much larger bigger & stronger OC candidate than Allen, Blythe, Shelton or Kolone. Trewyn started 50 gms @ center. He comes from a small school though but Snead has done well thus far with small school players.

winner of the Rimington Award as the top center in NCAA Division III … Associated Press first team All-American … D3football.com first team All-American … American Football Coaches Association second team All-American … D3football.com first team All-West Region … first team All-Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference … UW-Whitewater Chancellor’s Scholar-Athlete … National Football Foundation/College Football Hall of Fame Hampshire Honor Society … NFF/College Football Hall of Fame William V. Campbell Trophy® semifinalist … team captain … winner of the team’s Glen Wills Offensive Lineman Award … D3football.com National Team of the Week (Oct. 26-27) … WIAC Scholastic Honor Roll
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

An insightful OL post by BonifayRam...

Rams43654January 22, 2020 10:08AM

Re: read to the end......Trewyn

leafnose283January 23, 2020 03:41AM

Re: read to the end......Trewyn

den-the-coach195January 23, 2020 08:01AM