Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Case Keenum reveals which Rams player will try to get in his head Sunday

November 14, 2017 12:18PM

At this exact point last season, the Los Angeles Rams were 4-5 and coming off of an ugly 9-6 win over the Dolphins. Case Keenum was the starting quarterback, but he was benched in favor of No. 1 pick Jared Goff for Week 11 and beyond.

Now, they’re set to square off against each other on a big stage in Minnesota on Sunday. Both teams are 7-2, both quarterbacks are playing relatively well, and both are realizing how much easier the quarterback position is without Jeff Fisher at the helm.

Some will call this the “Case Keenum revenge game,” but the former Ram doesn’t view it that way. He spent two seasons with the Rams, going 7-7 in 14 starts before joining the Vikings this offseason.

“I’m definitely excited about playing these guys. I’ve had this one circled, just to see everybody. I know everybody, from the training room to the equipment room to some of the coaches and players, so I’m excited to see those guys,” Keenum said on the Dan Patrick Show Tuesday. “I’ve been competing against those guys on defense in practice for the last three years.”

There has been a significant amount of turnover on the Rams’ roster this year, but Keenum knows there are still a few guys who will try to talk to him and get in his head.

“You know, I can already hear Michael Brockers’ voice right now: ‘Hey Case,’” Keenum said, laughing. “There’s a bunch of those guys. Aaron Donald’s probably the guy that will try to crush me and not say a word. … He’s won a lot of awards and I still think he’s underrated. He’s a heck of a player, I got a lot of respect for him.”

The Rams’ front is playing as well as any in the NFL right now, ranking fifth in the league with 28 sacks. Donald and Brockers are responsible for eight of those, proving to be one of the best duos in football.

Keenum has his work cut out for him on Sunday.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude633November 14, 2017 12:18PM

Re: Case Keenum reveals which Rams player will try to get in his head Sunday

MamaRAMa303November 14, 2017 12:22PM

Case is giving it away here. I'd be upset if I were Zimmer.

EternalHorns237November 14, 2017 04:40PM

Re: Case Keenum reveals which Rams player will try to get in his head Sunday

ramithard348November 14, 2017 12:23PM