Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting part of the article for me

June 07, 2023 08:03AM
was this part...

"He (Allen) was ranked as the 12th best offensive center in the NFL by Pro Football Focus recently, While that is a bit higher than expected, PFF does tend to rank pass protection and immobile offensive linemen higher. What does that mean? Well, Brian Allen tends to seek out one defender to block, and holds that block through the play until the whistle.

A more mobile and athletic offensive lineman like Coleman Shelton will block at the line of scrimmage and then travel downfield to look for linebackers and defensive back to block. As a result of that play, Allen would get a solid score for his block. But if Shelton attempts to block multiple players, he will be graded on each block.

It's that willingness to do more that enables the LA Rams' running game to be so effective whenever the Rams start Coleman Shelton as the center. Those peripheral statistics are not factored into PFF's individual blocking grades. Hopefully, someone on the Rams coaching staff has been making note of that."

Not sure how true that is but I will certainly watch for it preseason. If it IS true, that is a stark difference in playing the position between the 2.

I would think Shelton's style of play would be more "suited" for the McVay offense but Allen did get us to a SB Win playing his way so I am not sure how I feel.

I honestly like Shelton better but have a feeling we will be seeing both play this year.

I wonder how McVay feels. I think his Allen is his first choice with Shelton a close second. beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is Brian Allen the best option at center for the Rams in 2023?

BerendsenRam216June 07, 2023 07:40AM

Article: LA Rams Brian Allen performs well, when healthy

BerendsenRam92June 07, 2023 07:54AM

Interesting part of the article for me

Ramsdude115June 07, 2023 08:03AM

Re: Interesting part of the article for me

Killrazor95June 07, 2023 08:17AM

He would if they play him there, but he's a dominant guard

JimYoungblood5388June 07, 2023 08:30AM

Right???

Ramsdude74June 07, 2023 09:20AM

Re: Interesting part of the article for me