Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LA Rams DC Raheem Morris helps save drowning child…

May 31, 2023 04:06PM
Los Angeles Rams DC Raheem Morris helps save child who was drowning in pool: reports

[www.usatoday.com]

Los Angeles Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris saved a child who was drowning in a Las Vegas pool, ESPN reported.

Morris reportedly was with his family at Encore Las Vegas when he saw a young boy drowning in the hotel pool. The lifeguard on duty was performing CPR when Morris told the outlet he was looking for an automatic external defibrillator, which is used to revive someone from sudden cardiac arrest, according to the Mayo Clinic.

"I saw people calling 911 so my first question was, where is the AED?" Morris told ESPN. "When I got back, we had a doctor on site that was able to start the compressions. I was able to hand the AED to him, get it open for him, put the pads on the child, and he ended up being OK."

Morris credited the Rams' recent training on CPR and AED for knowing what was needed to save the boy. AEDs became more known after one was used to help revive Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin after he collapsed on the field during a game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Morris added what happened with Hamlin helped increase awareness and preparedness for moments such as the one he was in.

"I'm just thankful I knew what to do," Morris said. "You just never know when you're going to need that stuff."
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

LA Rams DC Raheem Morris helps save drowning child…

Rams43150May 31, 2023 04:06PM

Great story…Bones and Ra both have a save

Rams Junkie46May 31, 2023 05:59PM

reminds me of fishing out three kids

L.A.Rams53May 31, 2023 07:06PM