Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Disagree on the money thing 2k

May 31, 2023 12:28PM
Rampage2K-
Ramsdude
Rampage2K-

Like I said, it's hard when he eats so much cap space so you really have to get lucky in the draft which we did pretty good with, SJD, Gaines, JFM but it's not like we did nothing to help AD along the DL by adding pass rushers and guys like Ramsey, Peters and Talib also help the pass rush by making QB's hold the ball a half second longer... just cuz they don't play right next to AD doesn't mean they don't help AD dominate. Would be nice if AD would rather let the Rams pay others to help him instead of taking up so much cap space by himself, but we all know that just isn't how most of these guys operate.

Yeah, I never said we "didn't do anything" 2k.

SJD, Gaines and JFM are perfect examples of not having anyone really good at that position. They are just JAG'S. That's my point and you just reinforced it. thumbs up smiley

I get what you are saying about the others "helping" and I agree but I think a really really good DL playing NEXT to AD would do more for him than the others you mentioned.

Just my opinion. beer cheer smiley

yes, but ike I sad, he is a victim of his own success...he takes up so much money and you have to spread it around to the other positions on defense...
rarely do you see any team with two pro bowl, highly paid DT's playing next to each other on any team..it just doesnt happen much...SJD, Gaines, ARob, JFM all got paid so it's not like they were scrubs or JAG's....we just couldnt afford to keep any of them due to AD's enormous contract and that damn salary cap... The Niners will soon feel the pain when Bosa gets paid soon...I'm guessing he wants AD type money

IMO, money isn't the reason 2k.

If we could afford to pay Ramsey, Miller and Suh, we surely could have spent that money on a DL, correct? It's just interesting to me that we never really spent for another DL to pair with AD but DID pay for LB, Edge and CB.

As for those JAG's getting paid, that is true but it's also true they got paid thanks to AD. What have any of those guys done since they left? Nothing.

It's all good 2k. Paying for those other players did get us a ring so I am not complaining, just wondering if it would have made AD even better, if that's possible lol, by having a stud DL next to him.

As for having 2 good DL's being "rare", maybe so, but it was also rare for a team to go "All In" like we did by giving up all our picks, but it happened. IMO, we could have pulled it off if they wanted to.

I don't think we will ever know for sure what if any difference it would of/could of made. beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2023 01:13PM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How Aaron Donald could win his fourth Defensive Player of the Year award

BerendsenRam100May 30, 2023 10:29AM

That would be awesome but not very likely

Ramsdude59May 30, 2023 11:58AM

Disagree

Rampage2K-46May 31, 2023 08:32AM

Name me the DL besides Suh.

Ramsdude41May 31, 2023 08:50AM

Re: Name me the DL besides Suh.

Rampage2K-38May 31, 2023 09:02AM

Ramsdude32May 31, 2023 09:16AM

Rampage2K-32May 31, 2023 12:09PM

Disagree on the money thing 2k

Ramsdude34May 31, 2023 12:28PM

DPOY each year is selected by a panel of sports writers…

Rams4346May 31, 2023 05:49AM