May 25, 2023 04:54PM
I get your point this is more detailed than her OTA tweets
that is totally fair and accurate.

Still, overall, I think Jourdan is good at her beat.

Anyway, here it is cleaned up.

A few notes I jotted down at OTAs this week. Only the early formation of opinions, so hang on to them loosely, if at all...

(1) If this week was about practicing how to practice, I can sense why the staff seemed generally thrilled with the foundation that was set Mon-Thurs.

(2) A word for the coaches: Energized.
Whether that's the new season, new faces, new roles... their excitement and expectations were palpable.

(3) On-boarding of rookies was evident. Many were in the mix early, but almost all had the opportunity to do more today than Monday.

(4) Sure was nice to see QB1 running the show again. He popped. And enabled those around him to do the same at times. Good reminder that there's a fair amount of recency bias working against the McVay/Stafford partnership. That duo, when right, makes a lot around them right.

(5) With 4 drafted players (1 acquired via trade), the Rams have a tight end ROOM. Not a position group or a depth chart, but a real room. Felt that head count and impact this week. Bodes well for Higbee as the leader, who looked great.

(6) Offensive line: They're on track to have far more players with legitimate starting experience/prowess/projections than roster spots. Nice place to be just months after 2022 season. The competition and depth there has the power to reverse the year-to-year outcomes.

(7) Player who may not be getting much ink this offseason, but who could really impact the fortunes of the '23 team?

Third-year DT Bobby Brown. Still 22yo, with a lot of snaps available on the interior of this defense.

(8) Defensive back understandably a position group with question marks. Seeing them collectively in person again, I wrote down "reassuring."

That leads to the final thought...

(9) OTAs always a reminder to re-up expectations for the sophomores. Hard to impact games in the NFL, especially from where LA has been drafting in recent years. But these young men really work on their craft, and it's amazing what a single lap around the NFL calendar can do...

... name dropping just a few such 2nd-year guys (by no means an exhaustive list):
Kyren, Lake, Yeast, Durant, Kendrick -- drafted players, to be sure.
But also others like Jolly, LeCounte, Hummel, Z.Thomas, K.Thomas, McCutcheon.

Great time of year -- and opportunity -- for them.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

JB Long review of otas was informative

CROMWELL21433May 25, 2023 04:34PM

Re: JB Long review of otas was informative

LBCRAM112May 25, 2023 04:37PM

Good info---and here in squence for those to lazy to click link

JimYoungblood53127May 25, 2023 04:54PM

Re: Good info---and here in squence for those to lazy to click link

BerendsenRam104May 25, 2023 05:12PM

Fantastic summary JY53! Your posts always have merit

Florida_Ram92May 26, 2023 03:03AM

Outstanding, 21….