May 25, 2023 11:55AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Brett Rypien willing to help Stetson Bennett with everything from footwork to DoorDash

Cameron DaSilva
May 25, 2023 1:36 pm PT
After Matthew Stafford, the Rams’ most experienced quarterback on the roster is Brett Rypien – a 26-year-old who came into the NFL in 2019 as an undrafted free agent with the Broncos. He’s only a year older than rookie Stetson Bennett, but he has some knowledge to share with the Rams’ first-year quarterback.

Bennett talked about the value of having Rypien in the quarterback room with him in Los Angeles, getting tips on the field and suggestions off it. Bennett said Rypien has helped with his footwork on play action and handoffs, while also offering to give him any advice on where to order DoorDash in the Thousand Oaks area.

It may not seem like much, but Bennett seems to really appreciate Rypien going out of his way to help.

“Brett’s a pro’s pro,” Benett said this week. “He knows how to go about it. He also already texted me, ‘If you need any DoorDash or UberEats suggestions, I gotcha.’ I was like, ‘I will, dude.’ But little things like that, it helps. This is brand new for me, all of this stuff. I was at Georgia for the past six years, and then a small town in Georgia. Now we’re in Thousand Oaks right now, training, so you need all the help you can get. But just little questions like about footwork here on play fakes or handoffs, stuff like that, he’s already had those questions and heard it from different offenses, too, as well as this one. But yeah, Brett’s been a huge help.”

Rypien is in his first year with the Rams after spending four years with the Broncos, playing eight games and making three starts. He went 2-1 as a starter, but he has just four touchdowns compared to eight interceptions.

Bennett is almost certain to make the 53-man roster and Rypien has a chance to, as well, but the latter’s odds are longer because he doesn’t have the draft pedigree of a fourth-round pick. Until he’s cut by the Rams, he’ll do what he can to help the rookie Bennett.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Brett Rypien willing to help Stetson Bennett with everything from footwork to DoorDash

BerendsenRam92May 25, 2023 11:55AM

I expect Rypien to be the number 3

Ram4life51May 25, 2023 12:03PM