May 25, 2023 08:53AM
BerendsenRam
Anyways, the first one that should come to mind is Kurt Warner’s #13. Currently, that number has been assigned to rookie quarterback Stetson Bennett.

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) May 21, 2023
The player who had that number before Bennett was none other than John Wolford. Oh no, I hope I’m not sensing a pattern here. Either way, it’s a little odd that the QB who helped win the team’s first title still has his number available. Then again, Warner only had two truly elite seasons with the Rams, being named an MVP and making a Super Bowl appearance in both of those campaigns. Other than that, he didn’t retire as a Ram so is he truly deserving of such an honor with an uneven tenure in St. Louis?

No, the Rams shouldn’t retire 13. Warner retired a Cardinal. Even as someone from STL area-I’m fine with this. (fwiw I don’t like retiring numbers unless it’s someone seriously goated like AD) [t.co]

That's what I thought but some on here said Players don't retire as a "team" in the NFL. Which is it?

Either way, we know KW's heart is in Arizona!

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What number should be retired next by the Rams?

BerendsenRam96May 25, 2023 08:41AM

None, IMO

NewMexicoRam53May 25, 2023 08:47AM

Wait a second! Warner retired a Cardinal?

Ramsdude55May 25, 2023 08:53AM

I thought it was you don't get..

sstrams45May 25, 2023 09:20AM

Only ONE jersey should be hanging from the rafters!!!!

Ramgator60May 25, 2023 10:33AM

Now that was funny!!!

Ramsdude32May 25, 2023 11:00AM

Re: What number should be retired next by the Rams?

WhiteHorns43May 25, 2023 11:52AM

has to be 40 (Hirsch)

LMU9334May 25, 2023 01:12PM

I'd be ok if none were retired at all

Ramsdude31May 25, 2023 01:19PM

It's weird, what "unofficially retired" or "in effect" means-- Attachments

JimYoungblood5330May 25, 2023 01:26PM