Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Was There ANY Way To Keep The Defense Intact This Year?

March 15, 2023 11:44AM
Man, I'm looking at the NFC QB landscape right now and this is what I see now that it appears as though Rodgers is headed to NYJ:

Jalen Hurts (PHI): Talented kid. I'd like to see if he can repeat last season's performance. Could be just the beginning for him. Would be tough for last season's Ram (or anyone else's) defense to handle.

Dak Prescott (DAL): Good QB...turns the ball over. I think our defense shows respect, but gets after it.

Kirk Cousins (MIN): Good QB w/ elite WR. I think our defense shows respect, but ain't scared of him.

Derek Carr (NO): Good QB...ain't scared of him.

Kyler Murray (ARI): Don't think he's gonna play (much) in 2023. But even if he did...ain't scared of him.

Daniel Jones (NYG): C'mon, bruh.

Brock Purdy (SF): Showed pretty good potential in the last 1/4 of the season he played. Have to wonder how he'll look moving forward now that league DC's have seen him?

Jared Goff (DET): Looked good second half of last season...doesn't keep me up at night.

Here's my point:

The Rams defense ended this past season giving up 22.6 ppg with absolutely NO HELP AT ALL from the offense. Though still far from perfect, I suspect that a couple of minor to mid-upgrades (and a return to health) in our OL would result in a better overall offensive performance which would, ultimately, help the defense - provided that the defense remained somewhat intact (i.e. maybe only losing A'shawn Robinson and Nick Scott to FA).

And yes, some of these teams (SF, DAL, NO, and PHI) can play some defense too.

But man...this is a QB-driven league where the Rams have one of the best. Overall, the NFC seems to be lacking in this area.

I have to wonder if the Rams are mis-reading the NFC landscape by (apparently) unilaterally disarming on one side of the ball.

And no...I don't think that we'll be outscoring anyone by, essentially, bringing back last season's OL.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Was There ANY Way To Keep The Defense Intact This Year?

ramBRO155March 15, 2023 11:44AM

Re: Was There ANY Way To Keep The Defense Intact This Year?

Rampage2K-71March 15, 2023 11:56AM

We should be thanking the architects of that

JimYoungblood5368March 15, 2023 12:44PM

Re: We should be thanking the architects of that

BerendsenRam48March 15, 2023 12:47PM