Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 prospects at every position that interest me going into the combine - full list

March 02, 2023 06:00PM
Thought I'd share some of the guys I am looking forward to seeing in the combine and/or pro days. So what I'm doing is giving 3 prospects, 1 early (round 2-3), 1 middle (4-5) and 1 late (6-7) prospect. Now these guys are where I THINK they are slotted pre-combine, and with my limited knowledge.

QB:

2-3: Hendon Hooker - Tennessee - I think he is a 3rd rounder, but QBs get overvalued, so who knows. His ACL cloudyed his draft stock, and he is already 24? so not young. Dual threat with a good arm, good mechanics and a plus athlete. Obviously won't be working out any time before the draft.

4-5: Jake Haener - Fresno St. - I think he has played his way into the late 4th to early 5th. Tough, smart and accurate. I bet he interviews through the roof this weekend. I am on record saying I'm worried about his size (or lack there of) and his age. Turns 24 next week.

6-7: Clayton Tune - Houston - Proto size, Good arm, a threat with his legs. I he a product of his system? They asked the same thing about Mahomes (not saying they are remotely in the same category) 6th round

RB:

2-3: Zach Charbonnet - UCLA - A 6'-1" 220 lb bell cow that added 37 catches this year showcasing his true 3 down potential. Good power and balance. I am curious to see how he runs. He also isn't very slippery. Late 2nd to early 3rd round.

4-5: Israel Abanikandi - Pitt - 5'-11" 215 lbs, so he fits 3 down back size. He is basically a tad smaller version of Charbonnet, can pass protect, can catch the football and I believe he has enough speed to be a HR threat. Powerful runner. 4th rounder

6-7: Hunter Luepke - NDSU - A FB sized RB that has soft hands, was used as a pass catcher on wheel routes to great success and can lead block. I think he is solidly in the 6th round. Testing will be big for him.

WR:

2-3: Rashee Rice - SMU - 6'-3" with long arms, fast and athletic. He lacks a nuanced route tree and I have seen him drop a couple balls, maybe concentration drops? He could be a steal in round 2.

4-5: Andrei Iosivas - Princeton - This guy is gonna climb boards (at least on the internet, scouts already know him well) He is 6'-3" 205, athletic as heck, fast, like very fast and has good hands. His level of competition and lack of a route tree are reasons for concerns, but I could see him climb into the 2nd round if he tests like I think he will. For now I have him early 4th. Gives me serious Kupp vibes in a bigger package without the nuanced route running.

6-7: Dontay Demus Jr. - Maryland - Was on his way to having a monster 2021 campaign until he tore his ACL. Big bodied 6'-4" 215 lb kid that has (or had) speed to burn. Could be a steal late. A guy I'd take a chance on late in day 3. Late 6th to early 7th.

TE:

2-3: Darnell Washington - Georgia - at 6'-7" 270 lbs, he's a 1st one off the bus type. Overshadowed by a potential generational talent in Brock Bowers. He is perfect for blocking in a OZS, on 72 pass protections, he gave up exactly ZERO pressures. Size mismatch in the redzone and could be a seam nightmare. Long arms just add to his crazy catch radius. I think he has untapped pass catching upside. Top of the 2nd round.

4-5: Josh Whyle - Cinn - 6'-6" with natural hands and a good route runner. Blocking is a work in progress, but he seems to give solid effort. Needs to get stronger for that. Solid 4th rounder.

6-7: Noah Grindorff - NDSU - 6'-6" 265 lbs - good hands, good athlete and more than adequate speed. Very tough in line blocker. Underused at NDSU. Curious how he tests at the combine. 7th round TE

OT:

2-3: Anton Harrison - Oklahoma - 6'-5" and 315 lbs and really athletic, so a nice OZS fit. He needs to get stronger, but he will play to the whistle. Smooth mover laterally. Solid 2nd rounder

4-5: Carter Warren - Pitt - 6'-5" 320 lbs. Another smooth mover that I think could work left, right or inside. He might actually be better as a OG. Has a violent punch that can stun defenders. Was injured, but not sure what it was. Turned 24 in January. 4th rounder

6-7: Dontae Bull - Fresno St. - Calling 21Dog, what are your thoughts. He has great size, moves really well for a big dude, but he seems like he just needs to be coached up on the technical end to put it all together. Speed gave him some issues. Swing tackle with RT upside IMO, maybe slide inside where speed isnt and issue. 7th rounder.

IOL:

2-3: Joe Tippmann - Wisconsin - I think he could seriously be in play for the Rams. They love their Wisc lineman. At 6'-6" 317 lbs, he has great size for OC. Only a Jr, I was late on realizing he declared. He's athletic and strong. Like elite strong, and he looks to finish opponents. Add in how athletic he is and he is one dangerous dude. Academic Big 10. My issue is his height as I saw defenders get underneath of him. 2nd round OC.

4-5: Olusegun Oluwatimi - Michigan - I like Mich lineman for some reason. 6'-3" 310 lbs and is athletic enough for a OZS. Really easy mover. Made all the calls and seems like he has no issue picking up stunts and the like. I wish he was stronger, but that is not a deal breaker at all. 4th round OC.

6-7: Brandon Kipper - Oregon State - big OT size kid at 6'-6" 326 lbs. Swore he was a OT , but when I saw Oregon state, he was at RG. So he must have moved inside. It worked. He looked athletic and comfortable inside. Will be 25, a tweener OT/OG. 7th round.

IDL:

2-3: Mazi Smith - Michigan -Grown man strong and pretty athletic for 330 lbs. I think he fits a Rams scheme well. He's hard to move in the run game and has shown pass rush potential. I think the 2nd is too early for the Rams, but a steal in the 3rd. That said: 2nd rounder.

4-5: Siaki Ika - Baylor - at 6'-3" 350 lbs, he is a load. He looks athletic for his size, and his 51 pressures in 2 years at Baylor suggest he is. Power is his game, but I also like his motor. Does he fit what the Rams are looking for inside? I'm not sure. Curious how he tests. 4th round.

6-7: PJ Mustipher - Penn St - 6'-4" 325 lbs - love his motor, esp for a big guy. He is a plugger against the run. Not much in the way of a pass rusher, but his power singled up due to AD getting doubled may open that up. 6th rounder

EDGE:

2-3: Nolan Smith - Georgia - Uber athletic, uber high motor, uber high character and leader. All he lacks is tons of production. Part of that is how deep that Georgia defense is. What I'm looking for is can he show up to the combine around 240 lbs and keep his athleticism. Anything under 4.5 would be amazing. 2nd round

4-5: Robert Beal Jr. - Georgia - Its hard to gauge some guys when everyone around you is so danged good. I have that issue with Beal. But he looks like he can bend the edge, has the size to be a 34 edge and has a great motor. I am curious to see how he performs in drills, away from his teammates. 4th round.

6-7: Habakkuk Baldonado - Pitt - Lots of Pitt guys. I like his athleticism, great motor. Seems pretty fluid. Needs more pass rush moves in his toolbox. 6th round.

ILB:

2-3: Jack Campbell - Iowa - big MLBer at 6'-5" 250, a tad stiff and I worry about his range, but he plays with great anticipation, is violent upon arrival and wraps up. Can he show at the combine he is enough of an athlete to stay on the field all 3 downs? Late 2nd to middle of the 3rd.

4-5: Owen Pappoe - Auburn - You knew an AU kid would eventually show up. He's the opposite of Campbell, Undersized, athletic and rangey. Question I have is exactly how undersized. Can he hold up against the run. I'm hoping for 6'-1" 230. later 4th round

6-7: Bumper Pool - Arkansas - yup, his name is Bumper Pool and I noticed him last year. Great production last year, then Drew Sanders transferred in and stole some thunder. Can rush the passer, can drop into zone, and holds up against the run decently. I wish he was stronger taking on blocks as I saw him get washed a few times. 7th rounder.

CB:

2-3: Tyrique Stevenson - Miami - at 6'-1" 208 and long, he has great size for a CB. Good in press man. Very physical in the run game and plays with intensity. He started out at Georgia, and played in the slot. i want to see him in drills, how smooth is he? You all know where I'm going, he looks like a potential STAR candidate if Ramsey gets moved. 2nd round.

4-5: Darrell Luter Jr. - South Alabama - 6'-1" and long, love his size, love his ball skills and looked extremely comfortable in zone. How fast is he? Jump in level of competition might be an issue, but he looked good in the Senior Bowl. Right now a 5th rounder.

6-7: Arquan Bush - Cinn. - 6' and 200, so good size, comfortable in zone, and has played literally everywhere from Outside, inside and safety. While that comes in handy, he is a jack of all, and a master of none. I wish he was a little more physical. late 6th to early 7th.

S:

2-3: Sydney Brown - Illinois - I think Alyo loves this kid as much as I do, a bit small, but a willing tackler that Illinois used in the box. They also played him in the slot and deep. Better zone than man, and excellent ball skills. 3rd round

4-5: Ji'Ayir Brown - Penn State - He's a thumper in the middle of the field, decent speed, good all around production with 3 sacks and 3 ints last year. Wish he was more consistent in coverage. 5th round grade.

6-7: Jayden Woodbey - BC - seeing a trend with 2 kids from BC and Penn State? Woodbey may not even be a safety. He's listed at 6' and 230 lbs, or as big as some of the ILBers in this years draft. I think he could be a LB/S hybrid depending on the coverage in a sub package. At worst, a ST demon. At best he grows into a ILB with cover skills.

NOTE: I had all this done, except for the safeties, so now the DL and LBers have gone thru and I didn't edit any of it.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2023 06:03PM by Deadpool.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

3 prospects at every position that interest me going into the combine - full list

Deadpool765March 02, 2023 06:00PM

Bump! THIS IS THE FULL LIST - the other one was cut off

Ramadune168March 02, 2023 09:39PM

Re: 3 prospects at every position that interest me going into the combine - full list

Old Goat170March 03, 2023 01:26AM

Combine Cheat Sheet = Great

David Deacon139March 03, 2023 03:25AM

Dante Bull

21Dog231March 03, 2023 05:22AM

Great list dead ...

alyoshamucci181March 03, 2023 05:24AM

Re:Tight Ends starting to sit.....

leafnose202March 03, 2023 09:22AM

Re: Re:Tight Ends starting to sit.....

merlin84March 04, 2023 09:43PM

Washington

21Dog93March 05, 2023 05:03AM

About Rams TE situation…

Rams4375March 05, 2023 06:14AM

Love these, Dead…

Rams43201March 03, 2023 06:26AM

Info on some of these guys.

IdahoRam164March 03, 2023 07:08AM

Quindell Johnson!

IdahoRam66May 01, 2023 06:54AM

Re: 3 prospects at every position that interest me going into the combine - full list

leafnose190March 03, 2023 09:19AM

Re: 3 prospects / I want Hunter

jim beam117March 03, 2023 12:21PM

Let me let you in on a little secret…

Ridgewood Ram224March 03, 2023 07:04PM