Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams Projected to Nab 323-Pound ‘Freak’ Athlete From Familiar Place

February 21, 2023 12:23AM
Ram_Ruler
Ramsdude
Good Article. If you want to see the Twitter vids, you might want to click the links. smiling smiley

Rams Projected to Nab 323-Pound ‘Freak’ Athlete From Familiar Place
link

The Los Angeles Rams clearly need new physicality in their most decimated area last season, the offensive line. They’re projected to tap into a familiar place to find it: Madison, Wisconsin.

That’s not only where the Rams found captain Rob Havenstein, guard David Edwards and last season’s first pick in round three Logan Bruss, but it’s also where a “freak” athlete will be available in the upcoming draft who can provide immediate help in the trenches: Center Joe Tippman of the University of Wisconsin.

Draft analyst Eddie Brown of the San Diego Union Tribune on Wednesday, February 15 has the Rams taking the towering prospect to bring some needed nastiness but also rare athleticism for a big man.

“The Rams started 12 different players up front in their failure to run it back. Tippman played exclusively at center his last two seasons in Madison, but his size (6-6, 315) and athleticism translates to anywhere on the interior, Brown wrote.

The next part described by Brown will surely win over Ram fans — or even new Rams offensive line coach Ryan Wendell, new offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur and head coach Sean McVay.

“He’s a heat-seeking missile when asked to pull,” Brown said, meaning Tippman is quick out of his stance and blows up defenders on pull plays.
Tippman Made ‘Freak List’ Before Season

Long before Tippman began climbing on draft boards, he made another list that’s become renown in the college football landscape: The Bruce Feldman “freak list.”

The college football insider for The Athletic revealed 100 athletes before the 2022 season who weren’t just the best at what they do on the field, but earn the “freak” label from him because of their uncanny athleticism and work ethic that gives them few peers. The insider placed Tippman as the 28th best “freak” athlete.

“The 6-6, 323-pounder made honorable mention All-Big Ten in his first season as a starter for the Badgers. Tippmann is a terrific combination of strength (635-pound back squat and 455-pound bench) and athleticism, clocking a 4.31 pro agility time and a 1.65 10-yard split, which would’ve been faster than any O-lineman at the NFL combine this year,” Feldman wrote.

A 323-pounder with that kind of speed? Not only is that a scary thought for defensive linemen who’ll soon deal with Tippman, but that type of foot speed is prime for a Rams offense that prefers to play fast under McVay.
Tippman Continued Notable Tradition at Madison

In the tradition of past Badger greats — including the Rams representatives who came from Madison — Tippman maintained this tradition for the Badgers: Producing powerful road graders in the run game.

That same speed described by Feldman, plus the added feel of his upper body strength, helped clear running lanes for Wisconsin running backs to power through:

Vid: Twitter

Full-Time Dame

Like it. Round 3. Perfect. We know they've seen him too. They just took Bruss the year before. Sure they got a look at him.
)))))))

Looks like he only allowed 1 sack, 4 hits, and 4 hurries in his college career.

That looks pretty solid to me.

[www.pff.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams Projected to Nab 323-Pound ‘Freak’ Athlete From Familiar Place

Ramsdude489February 20, 2023 12:48PM

Sounds good to me

NewMexicoRam100February 20, 2023 01:43PM

Ram_Ruler103February 20, 2023 02:26PM

Killrazor130February 21, 2023 12:23AM

Looks like a stud to me...

Arkansas Ram95February 21, 2023 02:45AM

Re: Another Wisconsin Olineman.....I'm all in!

oldschoolramfan46February 21, 2023 05:58AM

Me too oldschool!!!

Ramsdude107February 21, 2023 06:35AM

What I'm seeing is 2 players

alyoshamucci156February 20, 2023 02:45PM

Classicalwit64February 21, 2023 03:41AM

Ramstien102February 21, 2023 04:05AM