Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lions hire Dre Bly as cornerbacks coach

February 02, 2023 05:26AM
I was a big Dre Bly fan back in the day! Very happy he is getting a shot to coach. He seemed like a smart passionate young man. I think he will help Detroit's D play better! Good hire by the Lions IMO.

LINK

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 2, 2023, 9:37 AM EST

Former Lions cornerback Dre Bly has become the Lions’ cornerbacks coach.

Bly was officially hired today, the Lions announced.

The 45-year-old Bly has spent the last four years as cornerbacks coach at his alma mater, North Carolina. He has never coached in the NFL.

Originally a second-round draft pick of the Rams in 1999, Bly signed as a free agent with the Lions in 2003 and spent four years with them. He then spent two years with the Broncos and one with the 49ers before briefly signing with the Lions again in 2010, although he was cut at the end of the preseason.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude170February 02, 2023 05:26AM

Rams passed on Champ Bailey for Holt & got Dre Bly w/ pick 41

Rams Junkie125February 02, 2023 10:55AM

Re: Rams passed on Champ Bailey for Holt & got Dre Bly w/ pick 41

21Dog83February 02, 2023 02:28PM

He scared the life out of me in the 99 Title game...AFTER the big INT.

Ramgator97February 02, 2023 03:11PM