Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 49'ers hype train derails in the face of a complete team

January 30, 2023 09:25AM
promomasterj
I was waiting and waiting for weeks to see what happened yesterday...to finally happen. All the talk of unstoppable juggernaut from pundits and all the chicken little 'sky is falling' from some of the posters on this board wanting to just kneel before Zod. Well they finally played a fully functioning team - not the Raiders, or Cardinals or Seahawks, but a team with a good offense and defense and a QB who didn't vomit on his sweater (Eminem) like Dak did. They had 2 interceptions against the Cowboys and still only scored 19 points. At home. I wish Purdy hadn't gotten injured. 1. it made the game boring as heck and 2. it's a convenient excuse. I believe San Fran goes down by 2 scores even with a healthy Purdy

Also, maybe Shanahan could learn something from McVay - talent at the QB position makes a difference when you're trying to win it all. Shanahan is a master of scheming for mediocre QB's. Scheming recievers wide open for short throws and RAC. He doesn't push the ball down the field. I don't think he trusted Jimmy or Brock to do that. As we've seen with Garappalo - this can only take you so far. He's had several years to draft or sign an elite signal caller - and all he has to show is the giant question mark that is Trey Lance. McVay realized how important this is and he has a trophy.

Like our OL injuries excuse? Our QB injured excuse? Our WR injured excuse?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

49'ers hype train derails in the face of a complete team

promomasterj263January 30, 2023 09:21AM

GroundPounder186January 30, 2023 09:25AM

Not sure what to make of your post

promomasterj76January 30, 2023 01:04PM

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram81January 30, 2023 01:14PM

Classicalwit84January 30, 2023 01:36PM

The game was tied at 7 after Purdy went out