Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Competition Committee is expected to look at mechanics of tackle that injured Tony Pollard

January 26, 2023 05:50AM
It's about time! But how are those whiners going to tackle anyone if they make it illegal?!?!?! F-n whiner douche bags!

Look at the pic and you can see it's basically a "horse collar" tackle but lower. The intentional falling on the back of the legs a blatant attempt to injure someone. I am sure it's taught to them in SF.

Competition Committee is expected to look at mechanics of tackle that injured Tony Pollard
Link

Cowboys running back Tony Pollard injured his ankle during the divisional round of the playoffs and the NFL is expected to look into the mechanics of the tackle that led to the injuries this offseason.

49ers cornerback Jimmie Ward grabbed Pollard from behind and then pulled the back down while dropping his own body to the turf. Pollard’s leg got trapped underneath, resulting in a high ankle sprain and fractured fibula. Pollard had surgery this week.

Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes also suffered a high ankle sprain on a similar tackle last weekend. Both plays were legal, but there’s a similarity to the “hip drop” tackle that the National Rugby League in Australia has banned because of the injury risk it carries and the Washington Post reports that the NFL Competition Committee is expected to discuss the “mechanics of the tackle in Pollard’s case” when they meet this offseason.

The NFL has made rule changes to ban things like low hits on quarterbacks and horse collar tackles in the past because of the injuries that they can cause. Any discussion this offseason does not mean they will follow the same path, but it looks like it could be under consideration for the future.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude323January 26, 2023 05:50AM

Re: Competition Committee is expected to look at mechanics of tackle that injured Tony Pollard

GlacieRam124January 26, 2023 07:00AM

Re: Competition Committee is expected to look at mechanics of tackle that injured Tony Pollard

Classicalwit125January 26, 2023 06:54PM

mtramfan61January 27, 2023 11:18PM

Great Bordeni79January 26, 2023 10:34PM

Bring back old school jerseys and late 1970s/early 80s helmets.

Ramgator89January 27, 2023 02:45AM

Ekern5555January 27, 2023 05:48AM

BerendsenRam199January 28, 2023 06:04PM

kw1331January 29, 2023 08:00AM