Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You Sir...Are A Racist!!!

January 15, 2023 04:51PM
Joking! Just joking!!

I simply could not resist.

I don't find anything remotely racist about your post. And I'd suspect that most African-Americans reading it would likely agree with your sentiments - the issue concerning how NFL teams secure their head coaches IS a mess.

Not sure if you were around for the posts earlier this year when the Brian Flores stuff popped off, but I touched upon the issue pretty extensively. I won't rehash everything except to say very clearly that I believe that qualified African-American coaches have been denied head coaching opportunities simply because of the color of their skin.

I don't believe that I'm the only one who believes this and I suspect several people in the league might agree with me.

With that said, I'm interested in finding solutions to problems (and yes, I think this is a problem).

I believe that the Rooney Rule was a good faith effort to address the problem. Others might disagree. But one thing that I'm sure that everyone agrees with is that ALL solutions developed by a group are doomed to fail if some members of that very group work to undermine that solution. That's like a new country declaring that all men are created equally and then some parts of that same country instituting slavery. What could go wrong, right?

Well, the fact that some in that country decided to go off the reservation doesn't mean that the initial declaration was wrong. Same for the Rooney Rule.

And just like a country that has to amend its constitution to: A) make clear what should've been clear from the start; and/or B ) evolve with time, maybe perhaps the Rooney Rule should as well.

We likely should agree that there shouldn't have been a need for the Rooney Rule...but there was.

And there likely should be agreement that draft compensation shouldn't have to be considered when evaluating head coaches for open positions...but it is now.

But this is where we are because the simplest solution of giving everyone a fair shot has always been out of the question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2023 04:52PM by ramBRO.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The whole minority coaching search requirment is a mess...

PSJRam421January 15, 2023 03:37PM

Re: The whole minority coaching search requirment is a mess...

Classicalwit105January 15, 2023 03:43PM

Classicalwit174January 15, 2023 03:47PM

Ramstien176January 15, 2023 04:18PM

You Sir...Are A Racist!!!

ramBRO325January 15, 2023 04:51PM

Minority vs Majority is flawed

BumRap194January 16, 2023 07:11AM

Ramboni91January 16, 2023 11:08AM