Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Zone blitz. .problems and advantages. certain teams...

October 05, 2016 12:56PM
CraigMatson
Honor to have you here Sir,
First off did you have many zone blitz concepts dropping. The DTs or DEs and bringing the DBs and LBs' ?.
Besides Dryer and yourself what other DL man was fairly nimble in coverage .
Most know about the issues bad luck or whatever the Rams had in beating the Cowboys and Vikes over the years. .have you boiled it down to specific reasons or schemes they did better?.
Lastly was there a complete opposite dynamic in the league as far teams against which you could do no wrong?
I heard you had respect for Len Gotshalk the Falcon OT back in the day and Mike Kenn was pretty great but boy the Falcons for one reason or another where ground to a pulp by you guys more often than not despite whatever talent they had.
How does another team maintain such streaks.
Can we apply any edge for today's Rams in NFC west opponents? .
Thanks Sir! !smiling smiley

WE DIDN'T ZONE BLITZ, AND THE ONLY TIME I HAD COVERAGE WAS ON A BACK ON CERTAIN BLITZES, FREDDY OR I WOULD HAVE THE SECOND BACK OUT OF THE BACKFIELD, BUT IT WAS MAN COVERAGE, NOT ZONE.

I THINK OUR SPECIAL TEAMS MAY HAVE NOT BEEN UP TO SNUFF IN THOSE PLAYOFF GAMES. WE HAD TOO MANY PUNTS OR KICKS BLOCKED AND MISSED SOME SCORING OPPORTUNITIES. ALSO, WE HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DEFENSE HAVING A COUPLE POOR GAMES. BUT WE OFTEN WERE VERY CONSERVATIVE ON OFFENSE AND PERHAPS CHUCK DIDN'T COACH AS AGRESSIVELY AS TOM LANDRY OR BUD GRANT.

YOU HEARD WRONG ABOUT GOTSHALK, I THOUGHT HE WAS KIND OF A CHEAP SHOT GUY. HE TOOK OVER FOR GEORGE KUNZ, WHO WAS A SOLID ALL-PRO. GOTSHALK WOULD HIT YOU FROM BEHIND, TRY AND SPEAR YOUR HELMET TO TRY AND KNOCK YOU OUT, TO ME, HE'S IN THE CONRAD DOBLER CLASS. KENN AS A GREAT PLAYER BUT HE PLAYED ON FREDDY'S SIDE. HE CAME INTO INTO WHEN THEN NFL HAD THE BEST TACKLES ON THE RIGHT SIDE BUT IN THE 1980S IT CHANGED TO THE LEFT SIDE, BUT KENN WAS A GOOD ONE
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Zone blitz. .problems and advantages. certain teams...

CraigMatson1933September 23, 2016 04:08PM

Re: Zone blitz. .problems and advantages. certain teams...

JackYoungblood1195October 05, 2016 12:56PM