Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

All this SpaceX talk I have to bring up this movie... again...

May 30, 2020 03:54PM
"The Right Stuff"... which is one of my all time favorite movies. I'm going to re-watch it this evening... which is breaking my tradition a bit. Normally I watch it once a year... but this will be the 2nd time I will have watched it this year.

To me this movie comes very close to telling the story as it was. I never met any of the Mercury Astronauts... but I met many individuals involved with the Mercury program... and some who weren't but are main characters in the movie - like the man himself - Chuck Yeager.... whom I knew pretty well at one time... seeing him yearly at the Reno Air Races. All those who I spoke with who were involved in the Mercury Program, (some technicians in Houston, some mechanics, some low level helpers doing odd jobs) told me (Us, I wasn't in a one on one with them)... that the movie was 'scary accurate'... both in what happened, the personalities, etc.

I, personally, don't have a 'rating' system for my favorite movies... I don't have "A" favorite movie.. depends on my mood... but I can say there is no movie I like any MORE than The Right Stuff. If you've never seen it you owe it to yourself to watch it. I can't say if you'll like it, of course, but I can say that if you don't you're a special kind of 'goofy'. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

All this SpaceX talk I have to bring up this movie... again...

JamesJM174May 30, 2020 03:54PM

silly me.......

21Dog158May 30, 2020 03:57PM

That's my 2nd favorite....

JamesJM137May 30, 2020 04:02PM