Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lets change the topic a second..

March 28, 2020 10:50AM
Back in the 80's i LOVED a band from England called Wrathchild.. They were wild in every sense of the word and wrote cool tunes.. Nobody here knew them until I ordered their LPs as imports to sell in the record store.. I kind of started a following here in Texas, but the band got into legal battles over the name and they were not allowed to do anything until the legal issues were over - 3 years later.. By then they had lost all their momentum and, despite putting out 2 more LPs, faded into history instead of becoming one of the biggest hair bands of the decade..

So, shoot to the early 2000's.. I make them a tribute website that was REALLY cool - right up their alley.. as a result, I ended up getting to know the band through emails and actually getting to be good friends with them.. So, lately I started collecting signed items of my favorite movies, bands etc.. but there ain't no signed stuff from Wrathchild for sale, that's for sure.. So, I get an idea to print out a 16x20 for them to sign.. can't find a good one, so I simply shoot the back of an EP they put out and blow it up myself.. the print out turned out great..

I contact the drummer's wife (she's the most reliable) and she says send the photo and she'll get everyone to sign it.. So, I do.. I include silver sharpies and $30 for delivery back to the US.. as its being signed, she sends me photos of each guy signing it..

I check the mail today and BANG - there it is.. right in the mail.. along with a 16x20 signed by the cast of The Hunt, but that's another story.. It blows me away that 35 years later I Can get a poster I shot signed by my favorite band in England and sent back to me.. and it actually all worked out.. even with a pandemic trying to stop it..

So there's your feel good story for the day.. Well, feel good fore me, anyways... Oh - I mosaic'd out the bass player flipping off the camera for this board - its in the photo lol

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lets change the topic a second.. Attachments

sstrams295March 28, 2020 10:50AM

My favorite band from England is The Outfield.

Ramgator67March 28, 2020 03:00PM

Yeah, they had their moments..

sstrams52March 28, 2020 03:04PM

Tony Lewis is the singer. He still tours.....

Ramgator66March 28, 2020 03:13PM

mine is the Beatles nm

ferragamo7963March 28, 2020 03:44PM

pretty cool

IowaRam57March 28, 2020 05:25PM

About 3 months..?

sstrams50March 29, 2020 05:38AM

as a British Invasion era guy......

21Dog48March 29, 2020 04:32AM

I was under 10 when all these guys were starting...getting going...

roman1857March 29, 2020 04:46AM

To clarify a bit...

sstrams48March 29, 2020 05:56AM