Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ok, I saw it, officially the worst movie ever made....

March 26, 2020 09:24PM
that's not me saying that... apparently that's the consensus opinion of.... well, I dunno, movie people I guess.

title: Plan 9 From Outer Space. It's on Amazon Prime. Incredibly you probably will recognize a few actors... for sure Bela Lugosi although he has an extremely small role... and this was his last movie. But perhaps you'll recognize a couple of others, I did... but I didn't know their names.

Miraculously I watched it all.... had no choice. Worst movie ever made? It was a moral imperative.

Ok, let me get to your question: "Was it really that bad?"

Answer: Yes indeed it was. Now I do not consider myself a naive person... quite UN-naive actually... but this film has me scratching my head. And that because... I don't care that this movie is from the 50's, before they knew how to do effects.... they knew how to 'write'... they knew how to 'act'... so there is no way I can believe that everyone involved with this film was not in on one big 'joke' - - - intentionally campy, dumb, and stupid. They had too.

But here's where I may be quite naive, I don't think that's true... oh sure, they may have known it was a bad movie BUT... I don't think that was the 'intent'. I really don't. I think this was actually meant to be a quality horror film.... like "IT". and they employ one cute, and just possibly original, 'gimmick'. I won't reveal it, (spoiler), but think "The Blair Witch Project".

Not ONE of you will make it thru this movie, should you try. That's a guarantee. You won't make it thru 10 minutes. Well, maybe 10, certainly not 15. And it's a LONG movie for those days... I think 1hr 51min. or so?

I'm actually proud of myself for watching it ALL... every minute of it. That because.... I know now that if I had too I could hold my hand over an open flame without pulling back... for 1hr and 51min. Don't ask me why I think that's important, I have no idea.

Now you may think I'm trying to make it sound so incredibly bad that I'm trying to get you to watch it... but I'm not. It's actually that bad. Some of the dialog, good grief! It doesn't even have any truly sexy women wearing those pointy bra's from those days.... although they are cute. Well, sort of, I guess.

If you do watch it... I'm going to give you HUGE bonus points if you can tell me a movie that one of the actors was in. Lets see how I can describe the actor.... he's the pilot in the plane, NOT the co-pilot, or the stewardess obviously. Yes, he was in several major films starring with one of the most famous actors of all time. He was in MANY, and I mean MANY, TV shows you've all seen but I'm looking for a 'movie'... and you're lucky, you don't have to watch the entire movie to see him.. he's in one of the first scenes. And no, I didn't know his name before this movie.

Ok, you've been warned... but one other warning before I end this - don't EVER try to tell me you've seen a worse movie... UNLESS, of course, you watch this one... because if you don't... I simply can't accept your choice as valid. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ok, I saw it, officially the worst movie ever made....

JamesJM209March 26, 2020 09:24PM

Now Jimmy, you know I bought this movie up....

sstrams63March 27, 2020 05:39AM

Sorry Steve...

JamesJM54March 27, 2020 06:15AM

No problem, man..

sstrams54March 27, 2020 07:25AM

Actually I agree....

JamesJM47March 27, 2020 08:42AM

I think it was serious...

sstrams48March 27, 2020 09:17AM

Well, I do too... as I said....

JamesJM52March 27, 2020 09:20AM

By the way... locations...

JamesJM40March 27, 2020 01:29PM

That's pretty cool...

sstrams47March 27, 2020 01:43PM

I'll keep this movie in this thread....

JamesJM123March 27, 2020 06:31AM

OK 1 minute here....

roman1854March 27, 2020 07:39AM

I have seen that movie....

JamesJM50March 27, 2020 09:00AM

I love bad movies

waterfield51March 27, 2020 09:59AM

My favorite of all time..

sstrams46March 27, 2020 10:12AM

Yes, me too....

JamesJM66March 27, 2020 11:12AM

another great goof in Braveheart..

sstrams42March 27, 2020 11:50AM

Ok, a story... this from my days acting on stage.

JamesJM42March 27, 2020 11:37AM