Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dreams... my all time best....

March 13, 2020 07:52AM
Thru my 20's I had a recurring dreaming not that i could fly... or rather - - that I could 'float'. There were two spots on earth where I could do this: The front yard of the house I grew up in... and the backyard of my cousin's house. I would gently jump forward, prone, like you would do a belly flop, and if I did it just right, sometimes it would take several tries, I'd hit the 'sweet spot' and just hang in the air.... sometimes gently descending but a slight push with my hand off the ground would nudge me back up again.

It was the greatest feeling in the world. Haven't had that dream in I guess 45 years now... but I still try.

My strangest dream... and this one I've had my entire life... even if infrequently... is that 'in my dream' I go to take a leak but after finishing I still have to take a leak. And no, I'm not peeing in the bed. I have had this dream so many times in my life that I learned early on that when having this dream it means I really do have to take a leak so I wake up and do so.

I do not have all that many nightmares, a scant few in my life, BUT.. posting this scares me because it may mean it will bring on a nightmare tonight.

I have the memory of more than a few dreams that were so great I have remembered them my entire life... many from when I was kid.... but I only dreamed them ONE TIME. I have to daydream them now.

Which brings up... the oldest dream I remember -

I was at my grandparents house, in the dream. WAY out in the country at an oil relay station my grandfather used to work at. I had not started school, (I started school at the age of 4), and was waiting for my aunts to get home from school... I was going to meet them at the school bus stop. Carla, and my other aunts, got off the bus and Carla took my hand and walked me home. That was the dream. Now here's the 'Twilight Zone' part of it - - Carla died that year. I was 2 when Carla died. I have always assumed it was a 'dream' because can you remember something from when you were 2? So the truth is... I don't know if this is a memory of a dream or maybe... a memory of a real event? - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Dreams... my all time best....

JamesJM171March 13, 2020 07:52AM

I used to dream..

sstrams83March 13, 2020 09:43AM

My most vivid dream...that I still remember....

roman1887March 13, 2020 11:59AM

Ya just had to top me, didn't ya?

JamesJM89March 13, 2020 12:14PM

She died....you'll only meet her in Heaven....

roman1890March 13, 2020 12:19PM

Oh geez, yeah I completely misunderstood. (nm)

JamesJM84March 13, 2020 12:33PM

No harm taken....guess you're wrong about me being a writer....

roman18130March 13, 2020 12:42PM

What weird with my dreams....

sstrams127March 13, 2020 12:07PM