Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The best sporting event I've ever attended?

November 12, 2019 06:15PM
Could very well be. Although probably you won't guess why.

Our Kerman Varsity Volleyball team made the State Finals in our Division... opening game tonight against "Port Los Angeles High School". I had to Google it. It's a long ways away.

The game... not very close... pretty much a rout, Kerman winning. But the excitement began before the game did. It was noticeable from the stands.... and word began to pass from parent to parent to grandparent to plain ole' fan... "Those girls are HAPPY"... speaking of the Port Los Angeles players. And they were... huge smiles, high fives, they were THRILLED to be in this game...

And from the opening serve it was quite apparent we were in control... but did that effect the POLA players? Not one single bit... in fact, they got happier. It was almost spooky....

The game progressed, three sets, Kerman winning all three easily.. and at match point everyone in the Gym stood, including the few fans who made the trip from POLA.... Kerman wins... but you couldn't tell by the excitement on the volleyball court... both teams immediately huddling, jumping up and down, congratulating one another.

Kerman, (us, the fans), were rather stunned by it all... but loving the hell out of it. After the game I went up to POLA's coach, as did many other Kerman fans... and let him know we had never seen better sportsmanship, EVER. The players all around me taking selfies, laughing, loving the experience.

The POLA Athletic Director came up to me and introduced himself... I was confused by that... but he went on to tell me that they had stopped at our local Subway to eat, having found the funds to treat the team, but instead the owner of our Subway, (My granddaughter's boyfriends' Mom), told him the meal was on the Kerman Community... the AD was astounded.

The crowd was slow to leave the gym... home and visitors alike... all as one, talking with each other, laughing with each other... their players and ours all doing those things girls do... selfies with each other, hugs.

Yes, I believe yes, this was the best sporting event I've ever attended. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The best sporting event I've ever attended?

JamesJM338November 12, 2019 06:15PM

that's a great story

21Dog154November 13, 2019 03:36AM

Re: that's a great story

waterfield158November 13, 2019 10:41AM

Wow, you had to stretch for that one. (nm)

JamesJM111November 13, 2019 11:23AM

Re: Wow, you had to stretch for that one. (nm)

waterfield139November 13, 2019 03:46PM

didn't take it that way at all

21Dog119November 15, 2019 05:05AM

Re: didn't take it that way at all

waterfield131November 15, 2019 03:25PM

1988 Winter Olympics Calgary.

waterfield127November 13, 2019 10:47AM

We had another nice story here locally of late...

JamesJM127November 13, 2019 11:30AM

Re: The best sporting event I've ever attended?

NorCalRamFan154November 13, 2019 07:19PM

I'm torn. Just 2 months ago....Saints / Rams IN LOS ANGELES!!!

Ramgator109November 23, 2019 11:19AM

I even saw my Cubs at Wrigley for the 1st time this past Summer. BUT!!!!!!!!

Ramgator109November 23, 2019 11:22AM

1991 FSU / Florida is up there too.

Ramgator139November 23, 2019 11:24AM