Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Totally understand, man..

October 16, 2019 04:53AM
Wichita is my hometown and I feel the same way. There are very few places left that gave me such great memories from my youth. I haven't been back to Wichita in about 8 years now but the last time I was there, I hardly recognized the city. So much has changed. My grandmother's family home was torn down years ago, the church we attended is gone, all the little shops and stores near my grandmother's house where we used to shop and play are gone, stores downtown I used to love to go to at Christmas time ... all gone, Joyland-a popular amusement park we used to go to all the time was torn down about 15 years ago, all the pubs & clubs I used to go when I was a student at Wichita State University are gone, The Miller theater and the Fox theater where we used to go to the movies are gone, all the drive-in theaters are gone, the famous boathouse at Riverside park is gone. My brother still lives in Wichita but my parents have both passed away. There is very little left there to help me remember. It doesn't feel like "home" for me anymore.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

UUUUGH! I feel so low! You guys ever have a childhood memory torn down??

Ramgator291October 15, 2019 03:30PM

Totally understand, man..

sstrams214October 15, 2019 04:22PM

Re: Totally understand, man..

MamaRAMa222October 16, 2019 04:53AM

You're situation is worse than mine....

JamesJM201October 16, 2019 05:43AM

The Circle of Life

waterfield262October 16, 2019 07:29AM