Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I don't think I can name...

September 18, 2019 01:10PM
a single movie any funnier.

About 2 years ago I was looking for an 'older' movie to show my grandkids... one that they 'might' find funny. I couldn't find one... but IAMMMMW I thought somewhat possible... I didn't have a lot of confidence they'd like it but unable to find anything else I decided to give it a go.

The result... all of them loved it. So much so that we watched again, and again, and again over the next year. Even some comedic moments that I thought WAY over their heads, or at least thought they would not see the humor in, they did. Most notably:

One of the funniest moments in the movie, for me, is Jack Benny when he delivers his famous "Well" after being scolded by Ethel Merman. There is no action in that scene... no visible comedic event... it's simply Jack, being Jack, and saying... with a facial expression only Jack has ever been able to perform, one word - - - "Well". My grandkids broke up in hysterical laughter. I don't think I've ever been any more proud of them than at that moment. laughing smiley

If you haven't... there are several YouTube videos of the cast and crew being interviewed about that movie... all of them well worth a watch. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad,Mad World...1963....

roman18178September 18, 2019 12:55PM

I don't think I can name...

JamesJM96September 18, 2019 01:10PM

and then he just drives off.....nm

roman1861September 18, 2019 01:12PM

I saw this about 3 years ago. I really enjoyed it again but then.....

Ramgator55September 18, 2019 03:58PM

Phil Silvers

IowaRam106September 19, 2019 04:25PM

YEs, Phil was remarkable...

JamesJM97September 19, 2019 05:17PM

Jim Backus....

Arkansas Ram105September 21, 2019 11:15AM