Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maybe that plays a part...

August 14, 2019 10:29AM
but that was 50 years ago or so? I believed in hypnotism for years after that experience.

Now under the influence of drugs... you bet... without question mind manipulation of all sort is possible under the influence of drugs.

Back to that one experience with being hypnotized... they called on my 'acting troupe' to be the subjects.... you bet they did what they were 'told'. laughing smiley I guess my hypocrisy only goes so far, (quoting Doc Holiday).

Back before I became a full-fledged non-believer in hypnotism. (more on that coming up), I read up on it somewhat. It's not what we are 'led' to believe it is. You aren't going to actually think you're a chicken. It's voluntary.

Now I DO believe you can be relaxed enough to perhaps recall things you had forgotten, or vaguely remember. Some more susceptible than others. But you can't think you're a chicken for "real". You can pretend to be a chicken... some more easily than others... but really thinking you're a chicken? Not a chance. My fellow actors LOVED the chance to be a chicken. laughing smiley

Now can it be a tool of sorts? Relax you, give you a sense of security, allow you to more freely share things you mostly want to keep to yourself? Sure. But you're not going to think you're an actual chicken. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Texas Football Players Hypnotized by Professional Hypnotist

MamaRAMa79August 14, 2019 03:38AM

Don't yell at me...

JamesJM70August 14, 2019 09:03AM

Re: Don't yell at me...

waterfield65August 14, 2019 10:02AM

Maybe that plays a part...

JamesJM51August 14, 2019 10:29AM

Re: Maybe that plays a part...

waterfield61August 14, 2019 10:45AM

Yes, two different things...